"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/29/08

Fridays Feast 2/29/08

Happy Leap Day, or Happy Sadie Hawkins Day! Happy Birthday to those who were born on this day!

I would say yesterday's battle with the deworming could be called a draw. I lost to Silver. He urped all the medication up. In fact, I'd say he urped up everything he's eaten for the last 3 months! Note to self---Grilled Tuna flavored worm paste does not agree with Silver. The good news is he didn't urp up any worms. So he probably doesn't have them. He's also forgiven me. I was given much kisses, snuggles, and purrs last night.

Chenille is where I won. She kept hers down and looks so much better this morning. Her eyes are bright, her fur is shinier than it has been in awhile, she's in a really good mood, and even wanted to cuddle this morning. I think our worms are gone.

In two weeks I'm supposed to dose them again (vet at the feed store said to make sure I do that) so I've ordered some pills via the internet. These pills claim to not irritate or cause nausea, so Silver should do better with them. They're expensive (10 bucks a pill), but worth it if they do as they claim. I'm gonna dose him just to be on the safe side cos roundworms can be shared via a litter box.

I am knitting. Gnomage is happening in this house. I'll write more about it this weekend. For now, I want to do a Fridays Feast. It's been awhile since I've done one.

Appetizer

Who was the last person you hugged?

That would be Sweet Hubby.

Soup

Share a beauty or grooming trick or tip with us.

If your hair is greasy, and you don't have time to wash it, sprinkle a little cornstarch on your head and brush it in. Presto! Greasiness look is gone.

Salad

What does the color yellow make you think of?

Am I limited to one thing? Yellow makes me think of Sunshine, my daughter Sarah, daffodils, and dog pee.

Main Course

If you were to make your living as a photographer, what subject would your pictures revolve around?

Nature.

Dessert

What was the longest book you ever read?

I can honestly say the Bible, but what fun was that? In fun inches thick and pages long, I've read The Jeeves Omnibus by P.G. Wodehouse several times-and laughed through every page.



Have a great Friday.

1 comment:

  1. greasy hair and cornstarch? hmm, interesting.

    mine's up too. check it out!

    ReplyDelete