"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/7/08

Best Birthday Ever

Look what Sweet Hubby got me!



Purple roses! It's the first time I can remember him ever getting me anything for my birthday. My daughter took us out to dinner to the Outback Steakhouse too. Mmmmm...Bloomin' Onion, Wallaby Darn (A peach flavored drink), steak with sauted mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, and tossed salad. It's the best birthday I've ever had. I still can't believe he actually got me flowers. Not cheapo grocery store flowers either. These were delivered by a real florist. Gorgeous! Thank you Sweet Hubby!

There is a question in yesterdays comments that I'd like to answer:

" the socks looks really soft, are you knitting a man's pattern or are you modifying a woman's"

It's just a basic sock pattern. They're all pretty much knit basically the same. Man socks are such because you've chosen a manly color, a manly stitch pattern, and made them big enough to fit on a manly foot. I could take the same pattern and knit it up in my raspberry/hot pink variegated hand dyed merino that I got last summer, in a smaller size, and call them woman socks.

We still have 44 inches of snow. It warms up and melts a couple inches during the day, then it snows at night and replaces whats melted. Last night we had about 4 inches of new snow. It's already melted off back down to the 44 inches. There's a rumor that we're supposed to get up into the 40'sF over the weekend. We're hoping that happens. If it doesn't, we're gonna have to shovel the snow off the roof again.

I've found some blogs that make me laugh that I'd like to recommend for your reading pleasure.

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks
Misinterpreting bad punctuation since 2005

Passive Aggressive Notes.com
Described by it's owner as painfully polite and hilariously hostile writings from shared spaces the world over.

Crummy Church Signs
Critical analysis of critically bad church signs.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice birthday.

    That picture is so perfect with the beautiful flowers and the cat in the background. It looks like something that would sell in an art shop.

    ReplyDelete