"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


Snow Bunny of Doom

I finished knitting the hood for the lace cover up, blocked it, and installed it over the weekend. I've also done the shoulder seams, and wove in a bunch of ends.

All I have left is to sew the sleeves in, sew the side seams, knit on the neckband/hood edging, knit the edgings for the side slits, and weave in all ends that are left. It's actually quite a bit of work yet, but I can do it before Christmas. Especially since I've finally given up on the idea of getting a pair of socks done for the SockAMonth KAL. As much as I want the D next to my name for December. I just don't see it happening.

On Saturday evening I did something kind of unusual for me. I offered to 'babysit' and feed my nephew Scott's kids so he and his wife could go out for dinner and a movie. They were wanting to leave them with my daughter, but since she and Frank were coming over for dinner, I told them to bring the kids over here too. While I was cooking dinner, they all went outside to build a snowman. Actually, they built a snow bunny. When Uncle Sweet Hubby got involved, the ladder was brought out so they could make a HUGE snow bunny. Here are the builders and they're creation.

Back, with tail.

from left to right clockwise: Ruth, Frank, Daniel, Kaitlyn, Sarah, Sweet Hubby, Gavin in front.

Front again (Sarah wanted a pic with her standing next to Frank. Urg....)
Left to right clockwise: Frank, Sarah, Daniel, Kaitlyn, Sweet Hubby, Ruth, Gavin in front.

It is, by far, the biggest snowman ever built in my presence. It had a pretty evil look at night. However, after getting snowed on overnight, it looked fluffy and friendly the next morning, in the sunlight.

We had to move the Christmas tree over the weekend. For some unknown reason, Morgan and Tommy kept peeing on it at the 'new' location. I've washed the tree skirt so many times I wanna cry. I put one gift under the tree, and they peed on it too. So, we moved the tree to where it was last year, in front of the living room window. It was quite a feat. I got down on my hands and knees under the tree and pulled on the stand, sort of sliding it across the carpet. Sweet Hubby held the top to steady it. We only dropped two ornaments off the tree, and they didn't break. I call that pretty darn good. The boys are leaving it alone now. I guess they don't like Christmas trees in the dining room area.

That's all for today. Have a great evening.

1 comment: