"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/4/07

NaBloPoMo 2007

There is this weird sort of 'contest' thing that has started this month called NaBloPoMo 2007. That stands for National Blog Posting Month. The challenge is to post something every single day of November on your blog. I've heard a rumor that prizes are involved, but have as yet not been able to confirm that. I've decided to join it for the remainder of the month. It just sounds kind of fun. If I'd heard about this before the beginning of the month, I'd have a November 1st post, but I didn't, so I don't.

I doubt I will be able to come up with interesting posts each day, so I apologize in advance. (That's called 'covering my butt').

I've spent the weekend beading and knitting, mostly. It's cold and dreary outside, so I have no desire to get some of that fresh wood smoke drifting around the neighborhood into my lungs. Especially if it's cold.

Last night we went to a birthday party for my sister-in-law Diane. She's 60 now. Happy Birthday Diane! I had a great time. It was all family, and tons and tons of really good food. Course, when is there NOT tons of good food at a Park gathering? I took my swim suit cover along with me and managed to knit, tink, knit, tink, then reknit the same 4 rows the whole evening. I knew that I'd come to a point that I needed to change because of an earlier change (I raised the placket 2 inches), but was having a hard time figuring out exactly where or what that change had to be. I blame that on the large (I mean LARGE) glass of truly scrumptious hard cider Diane gave me. Oh yes, and the Pumpkin Cheesecake. Mmmmm.....Pumpkin Cheesecake..........

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment