"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/3/07

Great News for Morgan

I heard from Doctor Bloxam yesterday. The results are back from the lab about Morgans tumor.

It's benign.

HOORAY!!!!!!!! (Doin' the really happy dance!)

The Garter Rib sock. Yes. There, on the other hand, is a whole 'nuther problem. The order I placed for the second ball of yarn has been canceled because their web site lied. They do not have that color in stock. What's worse-it's a discontinued color so they can't order more.

I checked all my favorite places to buy yarn and only one place has the color- Patternworks. They claim to have it in stock. I've ordered it. However, Patternworks web site is well known for not being completely truthful so I don't have much hope. Especially since I didn't get an order confirmation in my email box. Yikes!

What's a desperate gal to do? I check Ebay, though when I checked last week there was nothing. Lo! What have we here? ....A gal in Canada has one up for bid in the very color I need-yes, definitely, it says Navy color #15, and what's this? A "Buy It Now" price. Hmmm...much lower than Patternworks price, even with shipping included. I've hit the "Buy It" button....... Hello Paypal-long time no see (Not!). How are you today? Working correctly I hope? Lovely............

If I end up with two balls, so be it. I need that yarn!

In the meantime, I've cast on the I Love Gansey sock-in shades of red. After all, November is ticking away and I need that 'N' next to my name.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you and Morgan. Isn't benign just one of the most beautiful words in the English language?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about Morgan. I was so hoping that would be the outcome. Give him a scratch behind the ears for me.

    ReplyDelete