"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/23/07

MMMMM..Turkey...

Thanksgiving day was awesome. We went to Brother in Law Dan and Sue's house for the festivities. It was a relatively small group this year. Just us and our kids and them and their kids, plus my daughters boyfriend Frank and their son's fiance' Ann.

As usual, we had more than one meat. Sue cooked the turkey (sublime), nephew Jonny bar-b-cued salmon on a cedar plank (then drowned it in orange juice, so I couldn't eat it-allergy to citrus), and I made roast Prime Rib. The prime rib was SO good. Best one I've ever done. We also had all the usual stuff-mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberries (made by me), green bean casserole, home made bread rolls (made by my daughter Sarah-absolutely scrumptious), fruit, and olives (black and green). Can't have Thanksgiving dinner without Olives. There was Huckleberry Cheesecake and Pumpkin Pie for dessert. I was so stuffed after dinner I could hardly walk.

The really cool thing? We get to do it all over again tonight. The Park clan does what we've come to call Second Thanksgiving. First Thanksgiving everyone can have dinner with the in laws, the sides of the family without the last name Park. Since Dan, Sue, and us don't have in laws around here, we eat together. On Friday everyone gets together and eats the leftovers. One huge Park party. Sometimes we sit and yack and laugh all night, sometimes we watch movies, sometimes we play games (like Apple to Apples, a great party game). Whatever we do, it's always a lot of fun and extremely noisy. My daughters love Second Thanksgiving more than first.

Last Wednesday I finished another ornament cover. I took a pic.


This is from Accent On: Beaded Ornament Covers by Karen DeSousa. I used Japanese size 11 seed beads in black hematite and matte silver lined white, size 8 metallic silver seed beads, size 6mm black crystals, and size 3mm and 10mm clear ab fire polished crystals. This was a really fun pattern.

This is the finished Garter Rib socks:

Yarn: Austermann Step Navy #15.

Pattern: A combination of Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch, and the basic 2x2 rib sock from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordie.

Needles: Two size 3 Addi Turbo Lace Circulars.

I love this pattern. It was easy enough to memorize making it very portable, yet interesting enough to not be boring.

Here's a couple of pics of Lindamon. I just love that little pink tongue.


Zonked Out!


Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment