"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/24/07

Two Down, One to Go

I finished the first Buccaneer's Booty sock last night. HURRAY! Pics to follow when I get the second one done.

Unfortunately, the official rules of the SAM4KAL do, indeed, state that the socks in a pair have to be a matched set. Rats! Rats! Rats! I will have to burn some midnight oil if I want to get that 'O' next to my name--which I DO! I've cast on the second sock and got the cuff ribbing done last night.

Had a great time at Bead Group yesterday. I made another Sidewinder bracelet. I used the matte silver lined tan beads again, but this time with Garnet Red dyed pearls. I put a copper toggle clasp on it. Oh, it is SO purty. I dropped it off at Bead It on my way home. I'm going to teach a class on it next month, so I left it there so people can oggle it. I'll try to remember to take my camera next week so I can get a photo of it.

I also taught one of the gals at group how to do her own Sidewinder bracelet. It is so much fun sharing my skills with other people. Doing my part to beautify the world.

I found the web site for the Sidewinder bracelet. I used www.Archives.org to find it. It's a handy device for finding stuff that 'isn't there' anymore.

The weather yesterday was AWESOME! It was sunny, 70 degrees, sparkling blue skies. I enjoyed it. It's supposed to be that way today too, so I'm gonna knit outside on the deck. Soak up those sun rays while I can!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment