"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/14/07

Beautiful Weekend

We are having the most beautiful weather this weekend! Yesterday the sun shined all day, the sky was a cloudless crystal blue, and it was so nice and warm. Sweet hubby and I puttered in the yard, getting things ready for the winter. Blowing out the sprinklers, draining the pipes in the trailer, cleaning the icky stuff out of the garden and stuff like that. I soaked as much of the suns rays as I could while I was at it.

Ruth is home for the weekend, being lazy. She needs the break. Last weekend she had a nasty accident on her Geology field trip to Nevada. She fell down a steep slope, getting bonked in the shoulder by a very large boulder that ended up going down with her. She's very lucky to be alive. Even luckier still, nothing got broken. Just a bruised shoulder (where the boulder struck her), some scrapes, a sprained lower back muscle, some bruised ribs, and scared wits.

Last night Frank and Sarah came over for dinner. We played a game called Munchkins. I know it must be a very fun game because you're collecting treasure, casting curses on the other players, and whatnot. But for the life of me, I just couldn't seem to get the game. It was very frustrating. Maybe I can talk them into bringing the game over again some time for another try at it.

Today is yet another gorgeous fall day. Sweet hubby and I are in agreement. The fall color is especially brilliant this year. We usually have pretty coloring in the fall, but this year stuff that isn't ordinarily brilliant is downright gorgeous. Even my Burning Bush is pretty. I've had this bush a good ten years and it's yet to actually get red leaves in the fall. Usually they turn a dark burgundy, then all fall off. They're supposed to be a brilliant florescent red. Well, this year about 1/3 of the bush is it's proper fall color. I'm enjoying it very much. I have to admit, though, I gave it a good scolding last week. I found it interesting that later in the day of the scolding, red started to appear. I wish I'd thought of it years sooner.

I am waiting, at this very moment, for the polymer clay oven timer to 'ding'. I finished the bead weaving of the first bracelet I'm making for the bracelet exchange. I couldn't find a proper button to use for the clasp, so I'm making one using my polymer clay. I'm not very good with PC yet, so it's not going to be a professional looking job, but it will be much better than what's available in the stores around here. I actually used some of the beads in the button. Just pressed them into the clay. I'm anxious to get it done. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.

Oop! There's the ding! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment