"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/6/07

More Sweater Done

It's been a busy week. I had bead group on Tuesday where I worked on two items. A peyote cellini bracelet design I'm trying to figure out how to do. It's a tough one. I know what I want and how it should look, I just can't figure out how to execute it. I've finally resorted to drawing the whole thing out one bead at a time in hopes that will help cos I'm just not getting it by going by my brain pictures. Something is getting lost in translation between the grey cells and the fingers. Sometimes this happens if it's a complicated design, which it is.

I decided to skip spinning club yesterday morning because we're going camping today and I needed some time to do laundry. My favorite jeans needed washing. Can't go camping without my favorite jeans!

In the afternoon I headed for the Knitwits meeting. I had a great deal of fun. Lots of laughter and camaraderie, which is the whole point of being in a knitting club. Everyone who entered stuff in the fair under the Knitwits name got their ribbons. There were LOTS of blue ones in the bunch. I got the blue ribbon I won for Piggy Piggy. We are a good set of knitters, no doubt about that. I started the first sleeve for the aran baby cardigan. It was kind of challenging trying to knit something with a complicated pattern and talk at the same time, but I managed to do it. Didn't have to tink anything when I got home. (Patting myself on the back)

It was also 'ask Linda Jo knitting questions' day. I got asked a lot of them. Was happy to help though. I love helping people increase their knitting skills. It keeps the art alive. I handed out a lot of web page url's to folks for visual aids. I am surprised how many I have saved in my noggin.

After Knitwits I headed to Bead It. I had a beading lesson planned for 4:30 for a couple of the gals who were in my cab class last week. I helped the one gal finish her cab. And then we worked on learning how to do 3-bead netting. They wanted to learn that technique, so I offered to help them, for free. I'm not sure if they both got it or not. One said she understands it. I'm not so sure about the other gal. If not, she can contact me for another session.

In the evening, after dinner, I got to working on that little sleeve and managed to finish it before bedtime. It went very quickly! I'm not taking it camping with me though. I've decided to take the swim suit cover. I need to make some MAJOR progress on it this weekend. I still haven't gotten to the point where I had to rip back 7 inches yet.

There is a decrease in Moose damage this week-not because there are no moose, but because they've pretty much cleaned out everything they'd be interested in eating. They have not bothered the chrysanthemums yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The deer have taken to eating my roses--just the blooms. They're leaving the leaves alone. Sigh...

I better get packing. I'm anxious to get out into the north Idaho wilds-kid free. Well, until Friday evening anyway. Then nephew Nate will be there, but he's a quiet kid.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know that Frank stopped reading your blog on the basis that you broke the RSS feed. RSS is a means for others to download your daily posts (or whatever) to a client and read them all in one spot, versus going to every single blog you like to read and checking for updates. When the blogger adds a new post, an RSS feed reader automatically downloads it.

    Unfortunately, in your efforts to make your blog your own (which, by the way, I am very impressed by how much work you have done on your site), the RSS feed got lost.

    If you have any favorite blogs, check to see if they have RSS available. This may enable you to do more in the day. You can get up in the morning, check if anyone has posted anything new. Read the new feeds. And go about your business. My blog has RSS. You can link to it in a reader with this address: http://sl-park.livejournal.com/data/rss.

    Provided I don't post any "private" entries, a feed reader should download everything I post.

    Frank's issue is that he only gets your blog titles. None of the other bits, like the actual post, etc.

    If you want to fix it, I can look at my Google blog code and figure out what the feed readers are looking for.

    ReplyDelete