"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


The Thirsty Moose starring Miss Molly

We've been wondering why our sprinkler heads have been breaking lately. We aren't mowing them, walking on them, or hitting them with pickaxes (did that once-accidentally). We were starting to think that maybe they were just plain wearing out, until last Saturday evening. The mystery has been solved!

Hubby took a video of a very thirsty Miss Molly. I wanted to post it Sunday morning, but it took a little while for me to learn how all this video stuff works. Then it took all day for me to get it to upload onto the blog. It's not the best of quality because the camera doesn't like taking evening pics. It's one of those tiny Canon digital cameras. Besides, we're amateurs. There is no sound cos we didn't want you to hear our conversation whilst watching Miss Molly. I can't believe she puts her whole mouth over the sprinkler head. The water pressure coming out of there has got to hurt!

We now know Miss Molly comes by every other evening for a drink. I should say night, because after we took this video, we changed the sprinkler timer so she'd have to come later at night, after the dogs have gone to bed. (The barking was getting unbearable.)

Last Monday morning sweet hubby woke me up to tell me that Nubs and Antlers were out front. I got up to see. They were munching on choke cherry trees along the side of the driveway. While they were hard at it, the doe with twin fawns wandered into the driveway. So now we had 2 moose and 3 deer standing in our driveway discussing the merits of nutrition in choke cherries. Hubby was worried he wasn't gonna be able to get to work on time cos they were blocking his way. Antlers was greatly intrigued by the twins and kept trying to follow them around in circles. So Doe with twins went on their merry way. Then Nubs and Antlers decided to create a traffic jam. They slo-o-o-o-o-owly wandered into the street where they caused a great deal of brake screeching, then nimbly hopped over the fence on the other side of the street and went on their merry way. About 5 minutes later ANOTHER doe with a fawn showed up in the driveway to munch a bit. She was just passing through so she took her fawn and went on her merry way. Sweet Hubby went on his merry way while he could.

About 20 minutes later, along comes Miss Molly. Our driveway was like grand central station!

I am making good progress on the knitting. I finished the right front and I'm halfway through the left front of the baby aran cardigan. I've got 7 inches done on the back of the swimsuit cover up. The third clue for the mystery sock was posted yesterday, so I can continue that project too. However, I have some beading obligations to deal with. I have no 'project' figured out yet for next months tubular peyote class. I need to whip something up that's easy and fairly quick so Gayle can take a photo for the newsletter. Arrrgh....I really have no idea what to do on this one. Pattern in it? Or just a plain ol' tube. Plain would be easiest, and it is only a 2 hour class. Hmmm......

Speaking of classes, I had the second session of the cabochon class last night. Didn't go quite as well as last weeks session, but it was fine. I had one student who was having a really hard time with doing the basic edging. I think, perhaps, it was a sight problem. She was using dark beads and was having a hard time finding the holes with her needle. I felt really bad for her cos she didn't finish the project. But I've made arrangements to meet her next week for a personal lesson. The other 3 finished their cabs, and were quite pleased with them. I finished mine too (I made one right along with them). Daughter Ruth helped choose the color of beads I used. I have to say, she's got good color sense. I really like how it turned out. I'll post a pic later.

Let me know what you think of my little video.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment