"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/17/07

Dewdrops and Hearts

Wednesday was the most fun I've had in awhile. Sarah and I went fishing. I haven't been fishing in 30 years, though I have a pole. Even bought a license the last 2 years, but didn't get a chance to use it. I used the one I bought yesterday though.

The weather was spectacular. So we took sweet hubbies inflatable boat, packed some tuna salad sandwiches in my little cooler, and headed for Twin Lakes. We spent about 5 hours lazily drifting amongst the lily pads waiting for a fish to get hungry. Unfortunately, I didn't catch anything, though I had a lot of bites and nibbles on my plastic worms. Sarah caught 5 small sunfish which she put back in the lake.

We did have one weird incident. We were paddling the boat back to shore when this HUGE fish leaped out of the water after Sarah's oar. It had to be 18 inches or longer. We think it was a bass. Scared the dickens out of both of us. You don't expect a big huge fish to try to eat your oar. We spent some time trying to catch that one, but apparently it was only interested in boat oars and not fish bait. Rats!

In the evening I finished a bracelet for my niece Stacy that I started on Tuesday evening. It's a thank you gift for taking care of the boys while we were in Moscow for Sarah's graduation. This is called the Crystal Dewdrops bracelet from the April 2007 Beadwork magazine. I did mine with Czech fire polished crystals in clear ab and pale pink, some silver lined 11 and 15 seed beads, 2 Swarovski silver/crystal rondelles, and 2 pink size 10 Chinese crystals. I like it so much I want to make one for me.


This is a pic of an arrangement I made from my garden. Our Lilac bush has bloomed for the first time in awhile. The past few years we got frost at the wrong time and the buds got frozen. This spring everything has been perfect for blooming plants. My Bleeding Heart is absolutely awesome right now.


This is my flowering Crabapple tree. It was the only one not mangled by moose last year. Wow! I can't stop looking at it.


Tommy came out to help me take pics of the Crabapple, so I took pics of him.


Oh Mom, this sun feels SO good! Mmmmmm......

1 comment:

  1. You can make pretty things!
    You have such a pretty tree! It blooms like crazy!
    Nice dog!

    ReplyDelete