"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/15/07

More Bead Knitting

Yesterday I got nothing done because I was SICK! I spent the whole day in my jammies, watching DVD's, feeling wretched and being waited on hand-and-foot by sweet hubby. Got a stomach bug of some kind. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Glad to be feeling human again! Not 100% yet cos eating is still a touchy business, but I can function and that's what's important.

Sharing more pics of my bead knitting.

This first one is called Dragon Banner. It's a bead knitted pendant. I made the pale yellow first, for my daughter Sarah, and like it so much I made the purple one for me. This is my own design. The pattern is available for purchase for $5.95 plus shipping should you so desire. Just email me at thebeadknitter@yahoo.com and we'll make some arrangements.



This little bag is also my design. I know, it's similar to the elegant one in Fridays blog, but it is knit quite differently. It's not even the same size when done. That makes it my design. Not published though. Thinking about putting it in my book.





This little pink gem is a Cindy Hulsey design. She calls it the Purple Vessel. Clearly, mine isn't purple. This bag has been sold.




This is the first larger purse I've made. I started out knitting something from an old Interweave Knits magazine, but ended up modifying and altering the pattern so much I ended up with something different. I entered it in the fair and got a blue ribbon, so I'm especially proud of it.


This is another FiberSpace pattern. (Yes, I own all of their bead knitting patterns.) It is also very easy to make, like the triangle pattern. This bag has been sold.



I finished knitting all the pieces to the dark teal pig this morning. I'm anxious to get it put together cos I wanna see how cute it is. That's part of the fun of knitting--seeing what you've created with string. After I get the pig put together I'm going to get busy knitting the models for my book. Some of the designs will be a piece of cake for me, others won't. I expect the pleated one to give me the hardest time. Pleats are somewhat a mystery to me. I'll have to dig out my Vogue sewing book and refresh the ol' noggin on the subject.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment