"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/19/15

Layette Set #4

I haven't had much time for blogging lately. But I'm managing to make time for knitting. Layette Set #4 is done.



The blanket.



Pattern: Double Crochet Edging

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 282 Rust

Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Hooks: Size C and G

Started: September 8, 2015
Finished: September 9, 2015

I've done the foundation row in rust, then a row of single crochet in black, then a row of double crochet in rust. I crocheted in the back loop of the black row to make a little black ridge to sort of mimic the black row in the cardigan pattern.



The cardigan.

Front

Pattern: Super Natural Stripes by Fawn Pea

Size: 0-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 282 Rust

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 341 Light Grey

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Needles: Circular Size 5 and 7

Cast on: September 2, 2015
Completed: September 10, 2015

I've done this pattern before, though it was a few years ago. I really like how it works up.

Back

The stripe pattern is fun.



I especially like how the stitches for the neckline and button bands are picked up and knit as one continuous piece. It makes for a very neat appearance.



The hat.



Pattern: Magic Coffee Baby Hat by Tracey Kay

Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 282 Rust

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 341 Light Grey

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Needles: Circular Size 5 and 7

Cast on: September 18, 2015
Completed: September 18, 2015

My hat looks quite a bit different than the original pattern. I just used the pattern as a foundation for my own ideas. I put a garter stitch cuff and matching stripe pattern in it so it matches the cardigan.



The booties.



Pattern: Seamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss
Size: 6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 282 Rust

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Needles: Circular Size 7

Cast on: September 15, 2015
Completed: September 18, 2015

Again, I've modified the pattern. I did 2.5 inches of 1x1 rib, then a garter stitch cuff to match the sweater. I also knit in a row of eyelets so I could put in cord for laces.



Tomorrow I am working in the Inland Northwest Freethought Society's booth at the Spokane County Interstate Fair. This will be my third, and last shift. The fair ends tomorrow night.

Our booth

On Saturday, September 26, I am going to the Southeast Spokane County Fair in Rockford, Washington to demonstrate knitting. I will be joining a couple other ladies who I met in Knitwits for this fun little adventure.

After that, fair season will be done for me. Next on the agenda will be Parktoberfest, the annual Park family party. Then sweet hubby and I are taking a trip. We're hooking up the trailer and driving to Sault Ste Marie, MI to take care of my property. The appraisal came in. offers were made and accepted, and now the sale of said property can go forward. It will be nice to get this monkey off my back.

The weather this coming week is supposed to be wonderful. In the 70's with sunshine and fluffy clouds. I'm looking forward to it. I hope I can get some deck knitting in. This past week was chilly, grey, and a bit damp. Indoor weather, and a sure sign that winter is coming.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Your layette work is gorgeous! I like how you trimmed the edge of the blanket and then knit the rest of the garments to match!

    ReplyDelete