"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/4/13

Gray Gala Mittens


Gray Gala Mittens

Pattern: Seed Stitch Stripe Mens Mittens by me, made for Knitwits.

Yarn: Mixed Fiber Novelty by Gala
Content: Acrylic/nylon/polyester mix, worsted weight
Color: Gray/Brown/Pale Apricot

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6

Cast on: May 27, 2013
Completed: June 4, 2013

Comments: I altered the pattern some by just doing stockinette stitch and to make it fit a large mans hand. I added two inches between the top of the thumb gusset and the top shaping (to 10 inches from cuff edge instead of 8 inches). I added 4 rows to the thumb length too.



A close up of the fabric. The yarn consists of a smooth grey yarn wrapped by a thin variegated boucle'.



 These mittens turned out nice and thick, and warm. They will keep someone's hands toasty next winter.



I finished the mittens while I was at Rathdrum Knitalong today. I cast on for a Fancy Flossy Shrug after that in shades of aqua. After finishing this blog post, I'm gonna go sit out on the deck and knit because it's gorgeous out. The air smells good too because the lilacs are blooming. I'd work on the garden but I'm super sore from working on it yesterday.

My garden is doing good despite the rain we've been getting this past week. It rained all weekend, at times coming down in sheets! I had planned to work on the yard pulling weeds and whatnot, but ended up spending the weekend indoors, feeling robbed.

I was worried it would drown my poor garden, but we've got a few days of dryer weather in the forecast, so it should be okay. Things are growing nicely. I've got several potato plants now, and all the corn and bean seeds are sprouted. I've got acorn squash plants, and I finally planted the Chinese Cabbage sprouts my sister-in-law gave me. They almost doubled in size overnight. I think they're happy to finally be in the ground.

The new pump for the hot tub arrived this morning. I was disappointed that it didn't arrive last week. Well, maybe this next weekend I'll finally get to sit in the tub and enjoy.

Tomorrow I have Knitwits. I've got 4 things to turn in. That's pretty darn good for me.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment