"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/24/09

Lunabead Red

I am a very talented procrastinator. I can find all kinds of excuses to keep from doing what I ought to. Yesterday I was surfing French beading web sites and blogs looking for eye candy to avoid doing housework. I love to look at other beaders work. Especially if it's exceptionally beautiful, which I've found it is on the French sites. Anyway, while trolling for eye candy I came across this pattern called Lunabead. It about took my breath away it's so pretty. This morning I made my own Lunabead.


It's about 1.5 inches wide and 1 inch high.

I used Red Siam 4mm Swarovski crystals, size 11 white lined and red Japanese seed beads, and size 15 silver lined red and silver metallic seed beads. It's a challenging pattern.


I also got a package in the mail. This is some superwash Merino sock yarn in a colorway named Blackberry from Impulse of Delight. She sent me a hand made copper shawl pin as a gift along with my yarn.

Pictures do not do this yarn justice. It's much richer looking in real life. I could almost swim in its pool of blackberry goodness. This is a very special yarn.

Have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. The Lunabead is very pretty.

    You are working on spring there, right? I want 70 degrees by next Wednesday please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want 70 degrees, you better bring it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete