"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/26/08

WIP Wednesday 3/26/08



I have 3 WIPs and a FO to show today.

1) Pink Jaywalkers. I've turned the heel and started the gussett. I should have these done before the end of the week.



2) I'm making a pink peyote ribbon to embellish a pink quartz cab I beaded last year.



3) This WIP was started this morning. I've planted tomato seeds.


To be honest, the way things are going (it's snowing as I write this), I'm not sure if we'll be able to have a garden this year. Last year we planted seeds, but it was so cold and rainy during the first 3rd of the summer that all they did was rot in the ground. So we didn't really have a veggie garden. Just the tomato plants in pots on the deck. I suppose, if nothing else, these little babies can be on the deck.

I've planted Oregon Spring tomato. I've not heard of this variety before, but it claims to be ready in 55 days. Our tomato growing season is incredibly short, so these may have a chance.

Now, the FO. For those not in the know, that means Finished Object.

In protest of the lingering winter, I've made a pair of very spring like earrings for my friend Sally. It's her birthday this week. These are brick stitch Daffodils in size 11 seed beads.


They're about an inch in diameter. I think they are adorable. I hope she does too. I will find out tomorrow when I see her at lunch. I found the pattern on the internet. It's free and can be found here:



Oh rats, it's still snowing.


Hey Snow Fates!!! You're wanted down in Australia!!!!


It's supposed to be getting on to winter down there.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who is leaving snow to take her "spring break" in Northern Idaho, I did NOT want to hear that it's snowing there.

    Please make it stop before next week.

    Love the earrings.

    ReplyDelete