"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/22/24

WIP Update

 I've finished the first of a pair of socks for daughter-in-law's Christmas gift. My tension at needle changes is definitely improving and I'm really enjoying the knitting. I might actually have this stranded knitting down.


We went for a lovely drive in the mountains on Saturday. My brother-in-law invited us to go with him. He wanted to check out the Tamaracks color. 

Tamaracks are a deciduous conifer. They are technically the Western Aspen but everyone calls them Tamaracks. They look like a fir tree but their needles turn yellow and fall off in the fall. 

Dan took us on a route I'd never been on. We ended up over the border into Montana on a two lane highway. Oh my gosh, it was absolutely beautiful. Whole mountain sides are covered in bright yellow Tamaracks. It took my breath away. The Cotton Woods and Aspens are in their fall glory too. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos. I wish I could have. 

On Sunday I worked on getting the flower beds, boxes, and deck ready for winter. I decided to pull up every Canadian Thistle I could find too. It only took an hour, but boy do my knees hurt now! Especially my right knee. So I'm trying to take it easy for a couple days. 

I need to be able to walk by Friday because I'm going to a conference this coming weekend that is being held in Spokane Library over in Washington. It's the Unite Against Hate conference.

We have a terrible problem with right wing Christian Nationalist extremists in our area right now. They have managed to get involved in local politics and have done a lot of damage. Our community college is on the verge of losing it's accreditation, they're trying to close down our public libraries, trying to ban books in our schools, etc. I'm looking forward to learning how to fight this kind of thing.

Until next time-

Live long and prosper.\\//




No comments:

Post a Comment