"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/17/24

Leg Healing Progress

 My knee is heeling nicely. The big blister developed a leak and drained out. Then it turned into a huge scab. Over the past couple weeks pieces of the scab started falling off until it was about the size of a quarter. I was looking at it Sunday night and decided to see what would happen if I tried to peel it off. It popped off and now it's just fresh new skin.


The knee is still very swollen, and a slight infection moved in, but it's a bit better every day. I'm taking an antibiotic every day which is helpful.

I've had a physical therapist coming twice a week. It's helping a lot in getting the strength back in my legs. I've pretty much stopped using the cane, though I've been taking it in the car just in case. I walked to the mailbox and back today! My last therapist appointment is coming next Thursday.

I've had a nurse coming twice a week too. She's very concerned about the infection. She said she probably only has two or three visits left. Then I'm on my own. It's felt good having her coming. She's given me confidence in the healing process.

I finally finished the duck socks. I'm waiting for decent weather to take good photos. Immediately after finishing I found myself wanting to start another pair of mittens, so I did.


The cuff idea came from a pair in the NordicMittens Etsy store. The main stitch pattern is a small modification on one in my new book

Big Book of Latvian Mittens . I picked the yarns out of the stash. I'm loving how it's looking so far.

Our weather has cooled off a lot. It's been in the 60's most of the time in the last 

week or so. I've resisted turning on the furnace so far. I've been wearing warmer clothes and wrapping up in a blanket when needed. Zoey's been wearing sweaters.

Have you ever watched the movie Crazy Rich Asians?



I love it. I recently found out it's based on a book by Kevin Kwan with the same name. In fact, there's a trilogy. I bought them and started reading the first one. It's a love story about an American girl of Chinese descent and a guy who comes from an extremely rich family in Singapore.It's kind of an unusual sort of book for me to read but I've been having a hard time putting it down. I am really enjoying it.

That's the news for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment