"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/31/23

WIP Wednesday May 31, 2023

 I'm currently working on a hat.


It's a mosaic pattern with little cables. It has been decades since I did anything in Mosaic stitch. It's fairly easy to do by itself, but throw in some cables and it's quite a bit more complicated. It took me awhile to understand how everything worked. I have to say, I'm luvin' it!

I have 2 finished projects all done. Just trying to find a convenient time to take the photos. The layette set is done, and oh my gosh, I love it. It's so cheerful! Can't wait for you to see it.

Last weekend we spent Sunday helping Dan get his yard and house in good order. As a family, everyone took on a chore both outside and inside to clean up because in a couple weeks is the Memorial Get Together for Sue. 

I took on the job of cleaning the two bathrooms because they were really bad. I mean, REALLY bad. I was, and still am, appalled how dirty the toilets were. It made me actually gag! Took most of the afternoon, but I got them squeaky clean. Everything looked brand new. Took me all the next day to recover. 

I've never mentioned I'm a professional at bathroom cleaning. When I was a kid my mom cleaned houses for people (Some wealthy and even a famous one or two). 

During the summer, when school was out, she took me with her. She taught me how to clean bathrooms and that was my part of the job. I also vacuumed. She paid me too, which provided money for yarn, and record albums from Tower Records.

Now there's a memory.

 


Tower Records was so awesome! I had to ride the Metro bus from Federal Way to downtown Seattle. I got off at Pike place. (Yes, near the famous market.) I would ride the Monorail from there to the Seattle center, where the famous Space Needle is. Then walk a couple blocks to the store. It was always worth the walk. Those were such wonderful excursions. I feel sorry for young people not being able to go to Tower Records.

Well, this has turned into a stream of consciousness. I think I will stop here.

I finished the last black back stitch on the bicycle project. I have a few spokes in shades of grey, and a couple cross stitches that I missed. All of the framing materials I ordered have finally arrived. Getting so close to being done.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment