"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/30/22

Peyote Stitch Christmas Ball

 A few months ago I saw a picture someone posted in one of the Facebook beading groups of a Christmas ornament ball done completely in Peyote stitch that was so beautiful I had to find the pattern. I found 3 designers of these wonderful things. This is the first one I've made.



The pattern is Peyote 3D ball Poinsettia 20PBL005 by Lady LunarCat. It's made with Miyuki delica's in 5 different colors. 



You make 20 triangles, then sew them together. It's not difficult. The pattern is very well written with both color and word charts. It's just time consuming. In my book, more time beading something is more fun to have.



The balls need to be stuffed so the ball will hold it's form. I stuffed mine with memory foam chips. Other people have used all kinds of things to stuff them from aluminum foil, to polyester fiberfill, styrofoam balls, or custom made foam balls. 



It's about 3 inches in diameter and it looks great on my tree.




If you're interested in making one, click the link above. I have ordered some delica's for my next one.

This is my Christmas tree for this year. My daughter and I put it up and decorated it.



We put all the beaded ornaments I've made on it and about 3 dozen glass balls from our first Christmas. I love the lights we have. They're led and change color. They were white when I snapped the picture, but change to colored. The star does the same thing. I'm very proud of the fact I got both of them white in the picture.

Live long and prosper. \\//


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! I absolutely LOVE the peyote stitch ball!

    ReplyDelete