"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/18/21

Kitty Cat Socks

 As soon as I was done with the Herringbone socks, I cast on the Kitty socks. By now, my brain was adjusting to the Gabapentin so it went much quicker.

Kitty Cat Socks for Sarah



PatternKittycats / Kissimirrit by Lumi Karmitsa

Size: Ladies Medium

Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot
Content: 60% washable wool/25% Mohair/15% Nylon, fingering weight
Colors: Peppergrass

Yarn: Valley Yarns Charlemont
Content: 60% Merino wool/20% Bombyx/20% Nylon, fingering weight
Colors: Natural

Yarn: Unknown brand
Content: 100 % Acrylic, somewhere between fingering and lace.
Colors: Medium Teal

Needles: Circular size 1, 2, and 3

Started: November 30, 2021
Finished: December 16, 2021

I found it interesting that I had to use a larger needle for the cat and fairisle. Fairisle knits tighter than stockinet stitch, and the designer took that into consideration. I used size 1 for the cuff ribbing because I wanted it to be a bit tighter.

Close up of cat. I am kind of surprised that the cats are on the side of the socks instead of on the front and back which is the usual way to do it.



Foot pattern. The diamond pattern was super easy. 



I did a sole gusset instead of the complicated gusset in the pattern. So much easier.


I also re-enforced the cuff, heel, and toes with a strand of acrylic knitting machine yarn.

The pattern for this sock is in a book. The link above will take you to it.

Christmas knitting is officially over. I'm taking a week off to let my sore hands recover.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Such cute socks! Love your color choices, as usual

    ReplyDelete