"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/13/20

Simple Womans Daybook - March 13, 2020





Outside my window... is snow and wind. It was sunny out this morning, but now we're under a winter storm warning. I am so looking forward to spring.

I am thinking... this Corona 19 virus is a big pain in the butt. It's been handled so badly. I don't know whether to be scared or disgusted.

I am thankful for... my nice warm cozy house. It's keeping me well protected from the snow and wind raging outside.

From the kitchen... the dishwasher has just finished it's load. I made 15 Bean soup in the crock pot yesterday for our dinner. Instead of using the recipe on the bean bag - which I didn't really care for, I tried something new and it turned out so much better. I washed the beans, then put them in the crock pot. I added a small chopped onion and 2 cloves of chopped garlic. Also salt and pepper to taste. Poured 8 cups of water in and turned it on low for 8 hours or so. About 45 minutes before it was done I added some cubed cooked ham and the ham seasoning packet that came with the beans. Mmm. So simple, but it was sooooooo good.

I am wearing... black knit pants and a dark blue knit shirt with a purple and light blue print on it. I would describe the print, but I don't know what these things are. It has long sleeves.

I am creating... the pattern for the baby cardigan I designed. It's actually a whole set. Cardigan, hat, and booties. It's all written up and being test knitted now. I'm looking forward to having it done. I'm also done with chart 16 of the Crazed Cowl. Only 2 charts to go.

I am going... not far, I guess. The library has cancelled the Tuesday knitting group meetings until April. The NISS meeting for the month is cancelled too. I am planning to get to the Bi-mart membership sign up though, for sure. Bi-Mart is opening in 2 weeks in our little town. They have a tent outside that they're taking memberships at until then. I'm so excited. It will save me so many trips into Coeur d'Alene for things.

I am watching... Lots of Survivor. Since I now have CBS All Access, I decided to watch all the seasons of Survivor. I'm having a great time watching it while I knit.

I am reading... British Mysteries Boxed Set.
I got it for my Kindle for 99 cents. It's 350 classic British mysteries written by authors like Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, Edgar Wallace, and whatnot. It's over 26,000 pages. I'm about a third done. I've read some authors I'd not heard of before. I'm enjoying it so much.

I am listening… to Josh Groban lately. I have a couple of his cd's that I play in the car. He has such a beautiful voice.

I am hoping… this virus thing doesn't last long and there's a minimal amount of death. I hope I don't get it. I have asthma and I'm already fighting a chronic cough as it is. I don't need more respiratory grief. It's going to have a devastating effect on our economy, which scares me.

Around the house... the husband is working on his thesis. All the fur kids are asleep. It's peaceful.

One of my favorite things... Purple.



I don't know what it is about the color purple, but when I see it I feel joy. I have a lot of it in my life. My bedroom and master bathroom are purple and green. I have purple clothes, purple purse, purple shoes, purple blankets, etc. If purple is a color choice when I am picking something out, invariable I will pick it. Bring on the purple joy!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish the cowl. I'm also thinking about starting a new sweater for Zoey. She loves wearing them on cold cold days. I've got yarn picked out. Just need to cast on. I don't know if I'll be going to knitting on Thursday or not. It's held at a coffee shop in downtown Coeur d'Alene. I guess I'll call them and find out later. Gotta remember  to stop by Bi-mart too.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing... where I'm at on the cowl.



If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. I think your bean soup recipe sounds delicious! I like the colour purple.

    ReplyDelete