"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/29/19

For River

We have had an addition to our family. One of my nephews and his wife have had a baby girl (no names for privacy reasons). They named her River which I think is a pretty name. Her birth prompted me to finish the layette set I've slowly been making for her. Here it is.



The Cardigan



Pattern: Polka Dot Cardigan by Linda Jo Park

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White Glow

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: November 1, 2018
Finished: November 30, 2018

Comments: When we found out about the coming baby they claimed to know if it was a boy or a girl but refused to tell us which. I was told they didn't want us to choose the traditional pink or blue for colors. So I went with Black and White. Scientific research has concluded newborn babies love black and white because of the stark contrast. They really can't see colors very well until they reach 3 months of age or later.




I am working on writing the pattern for this cardigan. I've got a test knitter working on the first version of it. She's finding all kinds of mistakes.



The Hat



Pattern: Polka Dot Hat by Linda Jo Park

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White Glow

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: December 18, 2018
Finished: December 24, 2018

Comments: I put ear flaps with ties on this hat. Trying to decide if I'm going to do that in the pattern.



Pattern: Polka Dot Booties by Linda Jo Park

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White Glow

Needles: Circular size 8

Started: December 4, 2018
Finished: December 13, 2018

The Blanket



Pattern: Polka Dot Edging

Size: 36 by 30 inches

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Black

Yarn: Universal Yarns Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White Glow

Hooks: Size G

Started: January 20, 2019
Finished: January 25, 2019

Comment: I googled and found this cute Polka Dot edging. The blanket will not be included in the pattern. I found the fleece fabric at Joann Fabric and Craft.



I need to get my nephews mailing address so I can send this to him. Babies grow so fast.

We had a snow storm last week. Got 14 inches overnight. It reminded us it's still very much winter. I have lots of birds at the Parkarosa Buffet now. A whole bunch of Purple Finches have moved in. Must be at least 20 of them. They're entertaining to my cats.

I am waiting for FedEx. Southwest Airlines was unable to find my Kindle and have given up the search. I am sad. I really wanted that felted case back more than anything. I hope whoever has my Kindle enjoys it, though they'll have to register it under their own account cus I disabled it the day I discovered I'd forgotten it. Now I've completely deleted it.

I ordered a replacement Kindle which is supposed to arrive today. Amazon didn't have the model I had in stock as new. Just a few used ones. They've come out with a new model and are pushing it pretty hard. I read all the reviews and decided I don't want the new model. I want the PaperWhite Gen 7 model I had before. So I ordered a used one. It cost quite a bit less which is a plus. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a white one at the time, so I will have to be happy with black.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment