"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/4/18

Yesterdays WIP Wednesday

I wanted to post this yesterday but I didn't have the time. So I'll do it today.

I have completed the knitting of the first sock and have started the second one.



I am not completely happy with the first sock. As you can see in the photo, I have a problem where the needles join in the corrugated rib cuff. I can't figure out how to make that column of stitches even in size with the rest of the columns. I'm very frustrated because the same thing is happening with the second sock. The body of the sock is fine at the join. It will block nice and flat. The floats are perfect on the inside. So, anyone got any advice on that cuff problem?

I've also been doing a bit of beading. I stumbled across something new in the beading world. It's called Peyote With A Twist Not Crochet, or PWAT for short. It's a way of making peyote tubes that look like bead crochet.



I am learning how to do it. There are lots of cool patterns being created for it too. Tons on Etsy.

This technique came out in the August issue of Bead and Button magazine (though that's not where I came across it. I didn't get that issue). I found it here on the internet while looking for something else. So far, I like it. It's fast becoming popular too. If you're interested, there's a very nice video that teaches how to do it here:


I am wondering how the gal who invented it did so. What was her thinking that led her to do this? I'm amazed by some peoples thought processes.

I managed to strain my back over the weekend. Ugh. I'm in a lot of pain, but I think it will heal fairly quickly. All I did was sit in an uncomfortable chair for about an hour. Judging by the pain, you'd think I'd tried carrying a 500 pound rock or something. Ice packs and pain killers are my friends right now.

Our weather is getting colder each week. We had a fairly heavy frost on Tuesday night. Killed off my Marigolds for sure. Winter is coming.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment