"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/26/18

Socks Done

Well, I finished the socks I was knitting. These are to be my son-in-laws Christmas present.



Socks for Frank

Pattern: Bob's Socks by Charlene Abrams from Socks Socks Socks by Knitters Magazine
Size: Mens size Medium

Yarn: Impulse of Delight Summit Sock (No longer available)
Content: 80% Superwash Merino/20% Nylon, fingering weight
Color: River and Rock

Yarn: Heritage by Cascade Yarns
Content: 75% Superwash Merino Wool/25% Nylon, fingering weight
Color: Marine

Needles: Circulars size 1

Started: September 13, 2018
Finished: October 14, 2018

Comments: I made some changes. The heel and toe are knit in vertical stripes in the pattern. I decided not to do that and just made them my standard way in one color. I also just knit the socks in 2 colors rather than several.

This is a close up of the stitch pattern on the leg.




I'm not real happy with my workmanship. I can see where I changed from one needle to the other on both sides. The tension seems to be fine, especially in the floats, so I don't know why it's showing. I guess I need more practice doing stranded knitting on 2 circulars.

I hope Frank likes them. They are very soft and should feel pretty good on his feet.



A Shingles update: I'm doing much better. The rash is almost healed. I still have nerve pain. It comes and goes as each day progresses but overall is fading. I guess it's going to take a few weeks for it to go away completely. At least it's tolerable now.

As predicted, the beautiful weather we were having has ended and we are getting rain for the next few days or so. Most of the trees in my yard have lost all their leaves, so it's looking very winterish.

Sweet Hubby has been working very hard on his school work. He's spent many many hours on it. Way more than I thought he would have to. He is usually either up in his office working on his homework, or at school, so I haven't been seeing him a whole lot. Quite a change from seeing him 24/7 the past year before school started.

I am almost done with my next layette set. I absolutely love the colors I chose for this one. Looking forward to posting the finish pictures when I have them.

Live long and prosper.

2 comments: