"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/26/18

Layette Set #33

Geez, I had a hard time getting this post done. Everything was working so slow on the internet. Sweet Hubby suggested rebooting the modem when he got home from school. It fixed the problem. I wish I'd thought of that sooner. Would have decreased the frustration.

Layette set #33 is done.



Cardigan




Pattern: Unnamed design by Me

Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Caffe Latte

Yarn: Red Heart Wintuk 4ply Knitting Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Off White

Needles: Circular size 5 and 7

Started: July 17, 2018
Finished: August 1, 2018

Comments: This cardigan is from a pattern I've been writing. I hope to have it published before the end of the year. I've been trying to come up with a clever name for it. I love this stitch pattern.



I found some adorable sheep buttons for it.



The back looks pretty nice too.



Hat



Pattern: My own
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Caffe Latte

Yarn: Red Heart Wintuk 4ply Knitting Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Off White

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: August 7, 2018
Finished: August 11, 2018

Comments: I used the same hat pattern as always. Just adjusted the cuff and used the stitch pattern from the cardigan.

Booties



Pattern: My own.
Size: 3-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Caffe Latte

Yarn: Red Heart Wintuk 4ply Knitting Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Off White

Needles: Circular size 7

Started: August 14, 2018
Finished: August 15, 2018

Comments: I should write this pattern down and publish it. It's very flexible to being changed to accommodate matching the cardigans I've been making.

Blanket


Pattern: My own.
Size: 36 by 30 inches

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Caffe Latte

Crochet Hook: Size G

Started: September 22 , 2018
Finished: September 22, 2018

Comments: This is the last piece of this fleece fabric. Yay! I was getting tired of knitting with brown.



I was going to go all fancy on the edging cuz I found a cute one with polka dots, but realized I would be happier with a little bit plainer, and perhaps more masculine edging. So it's just a couple rounds of single crochet.

Since this is also Wednesday, here are the current WIPs that are getting my attention.

I've made a 34th set and am working on the booties for it now in glorious pink. A nice change from brown.



I'm making progress on the first of the pair of socks for Frank.



I am working on the heel flap. The pattern has vertical stripes here, but making them is incredibly fiddly so I decided to just make a plain one. Horizontal stripes would be cool though. Hmmm.....

Summer is gone. It's autumn in North Idaho. The leaves are changing color, and the temps have cooled down considerably. I feel like I've been cheated of the best parts of summer because it was so unbearably hot the whole time, and from the last week in July until the end of August I couldn't go outside and enjoy my deck because of the smoke from the wild fires. Phooey. Winter is on its way.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment