"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/10/18

Layette Set #28 And A Story

I have finished Layette Set #28 for KnitWits, also known as the Entrelac set.



My goodness, what a project. It is not for the faint of heart so I'm probably never making another one of these, but it sure turned out cute! Here's the pieces.

The Cardigan




Pattern: Entrelac Baby Set
Size: 0-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 508 Sky Blue

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 5004 Medium Gray

Needles: Circular size 2 and 6

Started: February 8, 2018
Finished: March 27, 2018

Comments:  There is a lot of detail work that is done in this project. Lots of pieces knit separately and then sewn together. I did use a size 2 instead of the called for size 3 for the welt and cuff ribbing because when I first cast on the welt (this thing is knit from the bottom up) I wasn't home and didn't have a size 3 with me, so I just used the size 2 I did have with me. If I were to do it over, I'd use the 3.

Back

If I were to do this again, I would do the collar different. I would pick up stitches around the neckline, instead of making it a separate piece to sew on cuz sewing on that bugger was not easy.

Here's a detail shot of the stitch pattern.



I decided to go with plain blue buttons because the Entrelac should stand out. I couldn't have found a more perfect blue for them too. That gray band across the bottom of the yoke was constructed in a way I don't run across very often. Lots of hand sewing on that baby.



I'm glad I made it just because I learned a lot doing it, and now I can say I made an Entrelac baby set.



The Hat



PatternEntrelac Baby Set
Size: 0-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 508 Sky Blue

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 5004 Medium Gray

Needles: Circular size 6

Started: March 28, 2018
Finished: April 24, 2018

Comments:  I understand why the Entrelac cuff band was knit flat, but the main part? Nuh uh. I did it in the round instead. One less seam to sew.

The Booties



PatternCuffed Cutie Booties by Rosemary Drysdale
Size: 0-6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 508 Sky Blue

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 5004 Medium Gray

Needles: Circular size 6

Started: May 3, 2018
Finished: May 8, 2018

Comments:  I am so glad I found this pattern! I didn't want to make plain booties with this set. It was a nice challenge to work on too. 



Just as a reminder, it's in the book Entrelac 2 by Rosemary Drysdale.

The Blanket



Pattern: One rnd of (sc1, ch1) all the way around, join rnd with sl st, ch3, then one rnd of dc in the back loop of each stitch. Join with sl st and weave in the ends.

Size made: 36 by 30 inches.

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: White

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 5004 Medium Gray

Crochet Hook: Size G

Started: May 9, 2018
Finished: May 9, 2018

Comment: I love those elephants.



Now, the story part of this post.

Last night I'm sleeping peacefully. Zoey is snoozing on the end of the bed, and the bedroom windows are open cuz it was overly warm in the room. Around 2 am we were awakened by a lone coyote howling "Aroooooooooooo!" Zoey jumped up and started barking and whining and generally doing a very nice rendition of a freak out. 

The coyote howled again "Arooooooooooooo!" Now Zoey is really freaking out and I'm trying to calm her down.

The coyote howled a 3rd time "AROOOOOOOO!" Geez, it sounded close to the house. All of a sudden, Zoey stopped, turned toward the open window and howled very loudly "AROOOOOOOOO!"

The coyote shut up and didn't make another sound the rest of the night. And I'm sitting there on the bed with my mouth hanging open cuz I had no idea Zoey could howl like that.

I had a very hard time getting back to sleep.

Zoey, Queen of the Coyotes

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment