"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/10/18

The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 10, 2018



Outside my window...  Brilliant sunshine and blue sky. However, it's only 32F degrees out, so I won't be going out on the deck to knit for awhile.

I am thinking...  that I've not been very good at getting the doll outfits I've made into my Etsy store. My heart doesn't seem to be in it. Sigh.

I am thankful for...  our house being paid for. We'd be having a very hard time with Doug not working if it wasn't. So far we're managing okay.

From the kitchen... I made Spaghetti Pie for dinner last night. It was so good. I should make it more often. It's not difficult to make.

I am wearing... blue jeans and a navy blue and white print t-shirt. I've had the shirt for ages. It has a crochet lace embellishment around the neck.

I am creating...   the Entrelac baby cardigan. It's going very well. I forgot how fun Entrelac is, and it's knitting up fast too because I'm using worsted weight yarn. As i've been working on it, I've been thinking about ways to make it seamless. Might try it on the next one.



I am going... nowhere today. I was going to go to the drug store, but it isn't open today. Urg. It recently acquired a new owner and the place is in chaos now. The transition from the old owner to the new one is like watching a clown show. I've been down there 3 times this week in an attempt to get a refill and they've had 3 different excuses why they don't have it for me. I hope things get shaken out soon, or I'll have to find another pharmacy.

I am reading... Agatha Christie right now, A Pocket Full of Rye. I just started it a couple nights ago. I was reading a novel written by an acquaintenance before it. I've finish that and now I have to figure out what I'm going to tell her as to how I liked it, etc.
 
I am listening… to the television. Sweet hubby is watching a movie on Amazon Prime. One of those gratuitive violence movies with a lousy plot but lots of fighting and dead bodies.

I am hoping… we might get an early spring this year. It would be so nice if we do. Not counting on it though. The weather could change pretty drastically.

Around the house... the living room is a mess. I gave Zoey a new toy from the dollar store and now there's clumps of polyester fiberfill all over the place. Zoey is exhausted from doing the mayhem and is now sleeping on Sweet hubby's lap.

One of my favorite things...  Old Fred Astaire movies. He was a fantastic dancer. The way he moves makes it all look so easy. I especially love the movies he made with Ginger Rogers.



A few plans for the rest of the week: Just get through the week. Sunday is the Inland Northwest Freethought Society meeting. I'll try again at the drug store on Monday. Tuesday I have Rathdrum Knitalong. Wednesday I get to stay home so house cleaning. Thursday is Yarnies. Friday home again-so I'll probably get the grocery shopping done. But, mostly, I'm going to watch the Olympics this week.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...   
A beaded bead I made years ago.



If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. We just paid off our house. It's a great feeling indeed! Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete