"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/6/17

More Mittens for KnitWits


I've finished another pair of child size mittens.




Pattern: Classic Mittens No. 615 by Bernhard Ulmann Co.

Made For: KnitWits

Size: Childs 5-7

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Light green

Needles: Circular size 5

Started: November 26, 2017
Finished: December 2, 2017

Comment: I tried a new stitch pattern on this pair. It's named Seersucker Stitch. A nice subtle diamond pattern. You can find it here:  Seersucker Stitch in the Round.



Zoey paused for a picture, though her tail was flapping like crazy. She's 17 months old now, but still very much a puppy.



I started a sweater for her yesterday. 



As I was working on it, I realized she doesn't have a Christmas stocking for me to put it in when it's done. I need to fix that.

It has been fridgidly cold this week. A high pressure system has moved in giving us daytime temps that don't get above freezing. The sky is clear and the sun is shining, but it's not warming anything up much. I was able to see the super moon a couple nights ago. It was gorgeous.

The cold prompted me. I dug out the sweaters I'd made Morgan and Tommy and tried a couple on Zoey just to see if they might fit--ha ha, what was I thinking? She's somewhat larger than they were. However, much to my surprise, they fit fine in the chest and neck, but they are way too short in length. So, in a pinch, she can wear them. She'd be better off having sweaters that fit properly. I took her measurements and she's a long dog for her height.  That basset hound in her shows.

It's kind of funny. I think she knows this sweater is for her. She gets excited when I sit down to work on it.

I've got KnitWits today. It's the distribution meeting. I'm looking forward to it. A reporter from the Coeur d'Alene Press is coming to interview us.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment