"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/7/16

The Opening Show

I have so many things to blog about. Today I'm going to repeat an opening show I did in the Facebook Wilde Imagination group. It's called an opening show because boxes that have arrived in the mail are being opened. Yes, I bought doll stuff.

SQUEE! Look what the mailman brought!



Ooooooo...



Pretty boxes!



Start the stripper music!



Boom chuka



boom chuka



BOOM! Someone get a blanket!



Yeah. Okay. Not as funny as I thought. In the boxes, right is Penn Braced for Mist (who isn't braced for anything at the moment) which I found on Ebay for an incredibly nice price. On the left is a top and skirt I got in the recent Tonner sale. In the middle is a doll from the Tonner Evengeline Ghastly line that I also found on Ebay for an incredible price. Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Angelique de la Nuit.



She's 18 inches tall and I adore her. I've ordered a dress made by my sister of Jodiecreations.com which will be here in a couple days. I'm looking forward to knitting for her too.

I have been knitting, madly, trying to get some doll things done for a photo contest that is coming up quick. The dresses are almost done, needing sewing up and snaps in the back openings.



This is Captain Penn's sweater which, since I took this yesterday morning, I've finished the knitting. So it's no longer an accurate representation.



I need to sew the seams and put the snaps in the back opening. My daughter Ruth came home for the Labor Day weekend and brought a couple of dragons she has for me to borrow for my photograph. I am so excited about this whole project. Having a great deal of fun with it.

Garage update: So much has happened. The siding was installed, the electrical, and the garage doors. Here's how it looks now.



The inspector came this morning and it did not pass. We need to install a light over one of the man doors, and enclose the inside walls of the second floor so the electrical wires don't show. That will probably mean finishing them with sheet rock, which we weren't planning to do yet, but oh well. It will have to wait a couple weeks though. Sweet Hubby is flying back east for a week long bike ride with our daughter Sarah. Can't do anything until he gets back.

I was told the insulation installers were coming at 8 a.m. this morning. They are 2 hours late as of this writing, and still waiting.

I've got KnitWits this afternoon. I get to take all those layette sets in. I'm excited about that. I actually have 9 sets. The 4 I made plus 3 my daughter Ruth made, and 2 my friend Phyllis made. I also have 2 pairs of adult slippers made by Phyllis. Between that and the bag of fair entries, I'm gonna be fully loaded walking in the door after I get there.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment