"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/26/15

It's Star Wars Day! Woo Hoo!

We are going to see Star Wars The Force Awakens today. Woo Hoo!



I am looking forward to it. Going with some family, then going out to dinner afterwards to Cedars Restaurant. The only fly in my ointment is the cold I have. It's being relentless., and I'm out of Dayquil. Phooey.

Our power has been out a couple more times since the 24th. It went out last night and came back on this morning around 7:30 or so. Between that and the blinking on and off, the computer that runs our printer broke as a result, so I can't do any printing until we fix the problem. It did stop snowing on Christmas day. Even got a bit of sunshine. It was nice to have a break.

I did have a great Christmas. As I said, the snow stopped falling. I got awesome gifts and daughter and husband loved the gifts they got. I am amazed at how successful we were at getting ready considering the shortened time we had, but Christmas Eve we went to bed completely done and ready. Even the stockings were full.

My husband gave me a lightweight tripod as well as a photography studio lighting kit for Christmas, a water proof bluetooth speaker so I can listen to music in the hot tub, an "I'd Rather Be Knitting" license plate frame for my car, two music cd's, a lovely bottle of Crown Royal whiskey, and chocolates. Daughter Ruth gave me two new short cords for my Chiagoo Interchangeable Needles set (I really needed them!), a book that was on my Amazon wish list, and more chocolate. Yay for chocolate!

On Christmas day we went to our friends house for Christmas dinner and card playing, as usual, and had such a lovely time together. The dinner was delicious and the card game was fun. My favorite part of Christmas is doing this with them.

Well, I need to get ready to head out to the theater. Have a great evening.

Live long and prosper \\//, and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment