"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/16/15

Weekend Projects

I managed to accomplish some goals over the weekend. Not as many as I'd planned because I felt horrible the whole time, but that's okay. Saturday was devoted to the husband and daughter. They wanted to go computer shopping. Daughter needs a new computer for college, so that's what we did. Also went to Costco, which was a madhouse! I think the holiday shopping season is here. We bought the new computer there, as well as the usual food stuffs. I felt nauseous, achy, and miserable the whole time and was exhausted when we got home. I seem to have caught some bug

On Sunday I woke up with a massive headache so bad I didn't even want to open my eyes. I also have a cough, so I've definitely caught something. I spent the first half of the day sleeping. Around 2pm I started to feel a little better, and the headache eased up some, so I set up the sewing machine and got busy. Despite feeling like death warmed over, I sewed 5 doll skirts. I am doing Christmas themed outfits.



I got 5 little sweaters knit. I have one sweater almost done. It needs a snap sewed on the back opening yet. It's the only one I put beads in. I don't like it as much as the others. I knit it with one strand of lace weight mohair. The fabric feels too thin for my liking.



I finished the knitting of 4 sweaters, but need to sew them up. I used 2 strands of lace weight mohair held together, and knit the pattern the same. Got the same gauge, but the fabric feels much better. I'm a lot happier with them.



Took pics of 2 of them thinking I was done for the evening, then found myself casting on another one and by the time I went to bed I'd done 2 more. I did not get anything done on the apron I was going start.

Today most of the aches and pains are gone, but I'm left with the cough. It's a very goopy cough. Thankfully, I've got Mucinex in the cabinet. It helps a lot.

I have the last session of a sock class to teach this afternoon. It's been an interesting one. I've got a young man taking the class. He's about 10 years old and he's been putting the women in the class to shame. He caught on very quickly and already had finished the whole pair last week. He was going to knit his dog a Christmas stocking for his homework (his idea). I'm looking forward to seeing how it's going.

I also need to go to Costco again. Urg. The computer we purchased will not charge the battery, so it's defective. Hopefully, we can get this problem resolved with a quick exchange.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment