"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/20/15

KW Layette #1 is Finished

I got the blanket for my first layette set done. I am quite pleased with it.



For those who want to know how I made the edging: For the base row I used a steel size 6 crochet hook to make the foundation row. I punched through the fabric with the hook and single crocheted, followed by 2 chains, then the next single crochet 1/2 inch over from the first one. I continued in this manner all the way around: 1 single crochet followed by 2 chain stitches. I slipped stitch into the beginning single crochet to end the round. For the second row I used a size G hook. Chain 3, 1 dbl crochet in chain 2 space, chain 1, 2 dbl crochets in same chain space. Single crochet in next chain 2 space. *2 dbl crochets, 1 chain, 2 dbl crochets in next chain space, single crochet in next space. Repeat from the * all the way around ending with a slip stitch in the first chain 3. Weave in the ends and gently steam block.

The set is ready for donation.



Yesterday I finished edging the second blanket, though it needs to be blocked yet. I am lovin' that Slit Edge rotary blade! It took me all of 15 minutes to prepare the fabric and put the holes in along the edge. All the videos say to put the holes in an inch from the edge and fold the edge over half an inch when crocheting the foundation round. Fleece doesn't unravel, so why fold the edge over? I went ahead and did the holes a half inch in and didn't fold over. Worked just fine.

It was a roasting 93F degrees at the Parkarosa yesterday. I stayed indoors. Supposed to get up to 92F today.

I plan to get back to the baby cardigan now. It still needs sleeves. I also have the 3rd session of the sock class to teach. Doing the gusset today.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment