"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/12/15

FO's Galore

I may be busy, but I'm still getting knitting time in. Here are some FO's from this past week.



First we have a baby raglan pullover.



Baby Raglan Pullover

Pattern: From the Top Mock Turtleneck by Amy Thompson
Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize
Yarn: Unknown
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Dark Teal

Needles: Size 7

Cast on: June 20, 2015
Completed: July 2, 2015



Comments:  I like this pattern. It's knitted from the top down. I haven't done much top down knitting, so it was interesting to make.There is no seaming to do when you're done. I found the neck to be done in an interesting way. There's some short rowing after the neck ribbing to make the front neck lower than the back. I like it. It knit up nice and quick.



Next is a pair of matching baby booties.



Pattern: Baby Booties by Bernat Design
Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize
Yarn: Unknown
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Dark Teal

Needles: Size 7

Cast on: July 6, 2015
Completed: July 8, 2015

Comment: This pattern has been around for ever, or at least many decades. I modified it by knitting 1x1 rib instead of a garter stitch cuff. The next time I make them I will modify the increases too. The pattern instructs to yarn over. This leaves holes. A Make 1 or something else that doesn't make holes would be a better increase.



The next element of the set is a hat.


Pattern: Magic Coffee Baby Hat by Tracey Kay
Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize
Yarn: Unknown
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Dark Teal

Needles: Size 7

Cast on: July 8, 2015
Completed: July 11, 2015

Comment: Nice quick knit.



All I have left to do is the blanket and the set will be complete. I got the holes punched in the fabric. Just need to get out my crochet hooks.

The weather this past week was extreme heat coupled with very thick smoke from a wild fire nearby in Cape Horn on Pend Oreille Lake. Near enough that Sweet Hubby and I made an evacuation plan, just in case. The smoke is aggravating my asthma horribly, so I stay indoors as much as possible, though I did spend a couple hours on Wednesday planting some Marigolds in the deck flower boxes. I've been coughing and wheezing all week. The fire is almost under control. Today cooled off and we got rain which helps immensely. There are other fires in our area, but they are not as close. Still, they add to the smoke in the air. It's going to be a long summer. The rain today was wonderful. I enjoyed every drop.

I did quite a bit of sewing this week too. Daughter Ruth's birthday is coming up in the not so distant future so I have sewn something for a birthday gift. I will share it here after I give it to her in August. (Let me just say I've discovered Charm Packs.) I made a few doll skirts too, which I need to knit some tops to go with to sell in my Etsy store.

Last Monday was the first session of a sock knitting class I'm teaching. It went very well. I have 4 enthusiastic students. I'm looking forward to tomorrows session. I hope they all did their homework.

As you can see, I'm not bored.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment