"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


Taking a Break

Yesterday I woke up with a stuffed up head, cough, aches, and a general feeling of being hit by a Mack truck. The stress caught up with me. My sweet daughter, Sarah, offered to take Sweet Hubby to his blood test appointment and I took the day off to rest. I can't believe the feeling of relief that hit me when she said she would do that. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the look of my schedule for the next two weeks. I admit it. However, with the help of family and friends, I will be able to get through it all.

So what did I do yesterday? I laid around in my jammies until almost noon. Then I took a shower, got dressed. After that I decided to bead.

A couple days before Sarah and I had started a beading project together. She admired my peyote twisted triangle necklace Sunset in Idaho, so I offered to teach her how to make it. Both of my daughters have inherited my penchant for artistic creativity. Sarah paints, does beautiful crochet, and beads. I had a great time showing her how to get the triangle started. We spent a couple hours together out on the deck.

Yesterday I set up my materials on the deck table and worked on finishing my triangle. Got close, but not quite done yet.

I enjoyed myself immensely. I hooked up my portable speaker to my phone and listened to my personalized Pandora station (Star Trek Movie Theme Music) while watching the clouds scud by above me. It was a scattered thunderstorm kind of day with black clouds interspersed with bits of sunshine and white fluff. There was very little wind. The big umbrella was open over the table and kept me dry. The temps were in the low 70's so it was plenty warm enough to be outside. For the whole day I didn't worry about anything. I'm feeling much better today.

Sweet hubby is doing good. His Tuesday bike ride took a lot out of him (he overdid it) so he was pretty tired yesterday.

We took my bicycle to the shop on Monday (or was it Tuesday) cuz it was not working correctly and Sarah wanted to ride it (though she ended up renting a bike which is probably better than my bike anyway). Yes, I have one. But I haven't ridden it for a few years cuz of health issues. (Can we say gimpy legs?) Sarah and Doug picked it up yesterday. The bike shop did a complete tune up on it, replaced the brake pads, fixed the shifters, and made it look all new and pretty again. I did take it for a short quick ride yesterday. Wow! It has never worked as well as it does now. I am stoked! I want to do some riding this summer and try to get my legs into better condition.

It was really scary getting on the bike. I did okay though. Didn't fall over or anything. Not even when I looked behind me to see if cars were coming before doing a u-turn on the road. (I need to find my rear view mirror. It should be on my bike.)

Today I have the first session of an Entrelac scarf class to teach in the afternoon. Sweet Hubby has no appointments so he gets the day off. The daughters are here to keep an eye on him while I'm gone.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: