"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/9/15

I Can See You or Snowman's Got Eyes

How about a WIP post today. Slow progress on the mittens. Back side.



Front side.



A certain Snowman number 11 got eyes and a face last night while I watched a Columbo marathon on Netflix.



I am at my favorite part, the outlining. This is when the picture comes to life. That is why I always start with the eyes first. I sort of imagine he can see me finishing him now that he's got eyes.

Have I mentioned I love Netflix? Wow! If anyone had told me 20 years ago that some day I would be able to watch complete seasons of my favorite tv shows anytime I wanted continuously and in episode order, I would have laughed at them. It's making winter livable.

I also started watching Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime. I know it's immensely popular and now I know why. It's fun! Sweet Hubby calls it my soap opera. To a degree, he's right.

Speaking of livable, we had the most gorgeous day yesterday! It was mostly sunny, and warm. In the morning I decided, since I was feeling rather off due to waking up with an annoying cough, I needed to soak up some vitamin D while I could. So I donned my swim suit, made myself a large cup of Earl Grey tea, grabbed my Nook and sat in the hot tub, in the sunshine, reading. It was wonderful. It was so warm out we could go without jackets.

Later in the day I asked my sweet hubby if he would install the new LED motion sensor light out front. His answer was "I'll do it later" and then he went out to his shop to play with his lathe. I'd bought the light to replace the one that has stopped working. Unfortunately, I have learned over the years that later could mean in an hour or in 20 years. I don't like coming home in the dark and no light on out front. So I decided to teach myself how to install the new lamp. I did it! I installed a new front light on the house and I didn't start any fires or injure myself. It turned out to be pretty easy.



I also discovered he'd never hooked up the ground wire on the old malfunctioning one, which I scolded him for. That may have something to do with why it never worked right from the day he installed it. Also, please ignore the Christmas lights. They've been up for at least 3 years now. I plan to take them down soon cuz they've stopped working, I was hoping Sweet Hubby would do it, but, like I said, they've been up there at least 3 years, so clearly he has no interest in the task.

My birthday was Friday. I celebrated the 27th anniversary of my 29th birthday. My present to myself was calling Dell tech support and paying them to fix my computer. T'was not cheap! But it was worth it, and a fascinating experience. After extracting $129 from me, the tech guy directed me to a specific web site where I downloaded and installed a program that allowed him to work on my computer via the net. It was fascinating watching my cursor move around opening and closing things and mysterious fingers typing things in here and there. He fixed it right up, and also checked to make sure there was nothing else wrong with it. He downloaded and installed a couple different programs that cleaned up some problems I did not know about. Finally he uninstalled all the little programs and we were done. My computer is running like a dream. Like I said, worth the large amount of money extracted from me.

Well, I have a class to teach today, so I better sign off. It's the last session of a sock class that has been rather frustrating for me. Sometimes the classes go smoothly, and sometimes they don't. This one is a don't. I am still coughing a bit, but it's not nearly as bad as yesterday, so it shouldn't be much of a bother. Not contagious, but annoying as heck.

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. Your mittens look beautiful. I am still a little intimidated by that level of colorwork. And nice job with the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mittens!!! And, Happy Birthday!

    I think Boston has gotten all the snow this year that you didn't! Want some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, those mittens. Those are gorgeous! Is that a commercial pattern?

    ReplyDelete