"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/31/14

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween me mateys!

Good grief! It's been 11 days since my last post. Not for lack of wanting to though. I'm just so darn busy this month. I've had 3 knitting classes going all at once, plus I'm still working on the inside of my house and all my 'regular' stuff too (knitting groups, NISS and INFS). How did I manage to do this to myself? I admit, though, I'm enjoying it. It's way better than being bored, that's for sure!

The above pic is Amber wearing her little pirate outfit I bought from Ebay about a week and a half ago. Been trying to find time to take pics ever since. I saw it and had to have it. I didn't even bid. I went with the buy-it-now price. No dickering allowed if I want something bad enough! Heh heh. The price was reasonable.

I am knitting! I still need to knit, so I've been doing brainless projects for Knitwits. I've got until Nov. 12, our next meeting, to finish the items I want to donate for this year. I knit a green furry shrug. I need to block it and sew the sleeve seams. I've also knit a pair of mens slippers and started a second pair. I intend to knit as many pair of slippers as I can between now and the meeting. I'm also about half done with the cashmere cowl.

I've knit 3 rounds on the moose sweater since my last mention of it. I've got the hoofs of 3 feet done. Heheh. I really want to be working on it more, but life has been too crazy right now. Another week and things should start to calm down a bit. Then I can get serious about it.

Speaking of Knitwits, I've taken over the monthly newsletter for the group. The former person in charge of it decided to retire. I'm looking forward to it. I plan to make a couple changes to make it more interesting. Things like adding patterns and tips for both knitting and crochet. I'm even thinking about interviewing each member and doing a little story on them. Just for fun.

When I'm home, (and if I've got the energy) I am working on the house project. I got the kitchen painted, and this weekend we're doing the sun room. Then the painting will be finished and my life can return to normal. I can't believe how much I love the new paint. What a difference a little color can make. I've fallen in love with my house all over again.

Sweet Hubby made it across Texas. He's in New Orleans, LA today.

Crossing the Mississippi river.

I am so proud of him. He's sticking with it. I'm sure he'll make it to the Atlantic ocean. He has 3 weeks of riding left, then he comes home. I miss him so very much. I'm getting excited about him coming home.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment