"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/26/14

Lizette Is So Pretty In Pink

A few days ago I decided I needed to alter this little tunic.



It was too long and rather bland for my purposes. So I shortened it just a little over an inch, and put a garter stitch hem on it. Then I knit a little belt to match. After that, I took this photo and entered it in a contest in the Imagining Ellowyne Wilde Yahoo group.

Modeled by All Natural Lizette Spice

The contest theme was Your Favorite Pink or Green Outfit. This is my favorite pink outfit, so far. My sister made that lovely little skirt. I made the hat and jewelry. I love the Martha Washington Geraniums in the background. They are spicing up my deck this year.

I won the contest. I am SO excited! The prize is 3 pairs of earrings for my dolls.

As much as I love this outfit, I specifically made it to sell and have put it up on Ebay. It already has a bid on it. Woo Hoo! And the real joy of this is if I decide I want one like it for myself, I can make another one.

I am so stoked! My little business is starting to take off. Time to get a state sales tax number. I've put 5 outfits on Ebay and 3 have bids. I might actually make a success of this idea. Yay! Have I finally found a way to make my knitting pay for itself? Here's hoping!

Also, Happy Memorial Day!

Thank you to all those brave people who serve our country in the armed forces. Couldn't have freedom without you.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment