"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/18/14

Finishing Up Some Doll Projects

I got to stay home all day on Wednesday and do whatever I wanted. I was alone for half the day because Ruth was working (yay!) and it was a gorgeous day outside, so I set myself up out on the deck for some creativity and finished up some doll knits. I had some embellishment to do.

First I finished this little pullover with the lace ruffle at the neck.

Modeled by All Natural Lizette-Spice

Little Lavender Lace Ruffled Sweater

Pattern: Refined Ruffles

Yarn: Sugar Rush by Queensland Collection.
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, fingering weight

Needles: Addi Turbo circular size 0

Cast on: May 9, 2014
Bound off: May 12, 2014

Comments: The pattern calls for size 0 needles. However, I did not enjoy knitting with needles this small with this particular yarn, so future projects will be done with size 1 and a little pattern adjustment for the difference in gauge.



You may have noticed Lizzie has new hair. I like the natural super curly look of this wig. I think it's very pretty on her. I also have a new little chair for my dolls. I decided I needed a prop for photos. It seems to fit the girls fairly well.



Next project to finish was this wine dress.

Modeled by Essential Ellowyne 5

My daughter, Ruth, knitted it. I love the cabled diamonds down the front, but I felt the dress needed a little bit more oomph. The color is kind of dark and takes away from the cables. I wanted something to draw the eye toward them more. I spent a major part of the day embroidering beads on it in various configurations and hated them all. I was gonna give up when I spotted my skein of DMC gold embroidery thread.



Some Daisy stitching was all it took and now the dress has oomph. I made a necklace and earrings with the beads I was trying to embroider earlier.

This pink dress was also knitted by Ruth using some Sugar Rush yarn.

Modeled by Essential Amber Wigged Out

I was in the mood for more Daisy stitch. I also wanted a bright color. This dark pink worked perfectly. I added some stem and leaves with stem stitch. Then I found some beads the same dark pink and made a necklace and earrings to go with it too.



It's amazing what just a little embellishment can do. All in all, it was a productive day.



Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Those are really lovely. It's amazing what a difference scale makes: On a human being, something knit in fingering weight yarn appears tiny and fine, but on a doll, it looks like a super-bulky yarn would appear on one of us.

    ReplyDelete