"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/29/14

WIP Wednesday 1/29/2014

Wow! The first month of the year is almost over already. Where. Did. It. Go? You don't have to answer that.

So, this is the first WIP Wednesday post of the year. Woo hoo! I've been starting things. For several weeks the only project I had going was the Chocolate Cephalopod. Now I can have as many as I want going all at once. So this was the week of starting. In most recently started order:

Yesterday I cast on for a doll sweater. Pink is the order of the day. I've got a whole bunch of ideas for doll sweaters. Gotta get that web business off the ground this year.



I've also started what I call The Librarian Project.


I'm going to make a pair of fingerless mitts for all the librarians at the Rathdrum Library. They have put up with me and our little knitting group meeting there on every Tuesday for a few years now. They deserve a gift.

Since my last post, I've finished the knitting on the back of my Gansey, and I'm just 2 stitch patterns from finishing the front.


I'm really enjoying this project very much. Just as I get tired of a stitch pattern, it changes. Keeps me interested at all times. I've purchased yarn to make more Gansey sweaters. 2014 is the year of sweaters for me.

I haven't cast on yet, but I've got the yarn and pattern for a pair of mukluks I'm going to knit for my cousin Susie.


Six colors of worsted weight Berroco Vintage. Apparently, my grandmother used to knit a lot of mukluks for the family, including Susie. She is wishing for a pair. I shall oblige.

I have yarn on order for 2 more projects, which I'll talk about when the time comes.

So, about that dry January. Last night the snow returned. I woke up to 6 inches of the stuff.

We need a garage in the worst way.

It's still coming down and is expected to keep coming down for the next few days. In fact, we've got winter storm warnings for tonight. We're getting whomped by mother nature. 6-12 inches predicted for our area to fall between 9pm tonight and 4am tomorrow. As much as I dislike snow, I'm glad it's here. We really need it in the mountains. Guess I will dust off the snow shovel today.




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.


Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment