"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/31/13

In Case You Thought I Stopped

After I finished Franks Chocolate Cephalopod, I did not stop knitting. Uh uh. No way. Never! I finished another pair of slippers.



Fuzzy Cuffed Ladies Slippers

Pattern: Fuzzy Cuffed Ladies Slippers by me, made for Knitwits.
Size: Womens 8-10 inches

Yarn: Northern Worsted by S.R. Kertzer, knit with 2 strands held together.
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Charcoal

Yarn: Aldemir Yumos
Content: 100% Polyester, bulky weight.
Color: Rainbow Black

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 10.5

Cast on: October 17, 2013
Completed: December 20, 2013



In addition to finishing the slippers, I've written up a pattern for how I make them. You can find it on my pattern blog here:  Fuzzy Cuff Ladies Slippers

I've been thinking about what I want to knit in 2014. I think I'm going to concentrate more on sweaters. Specifically, sweaters for me. Finishing Chocolate Cephalopod has been a huge inspiration to myself. I can make sweaters in a reasonable amount of time if I put my mind to it! I've already cast on the first one.



I originally was going to use this yarn for the Alice Starmore St. Brigid, but I've changed my mind. What I really want right now is a Gansey. I love gansey sweaters and have always wanted one for myself. I have Beth Brown-Reinsel's book Knitting Ganseys. I'm going to make the White Gansey pattern from this book. Of course, mine isn't white. It's a deep wine color. The yarn is a silk and wool blend. 

I'm thinking about starting a pair of socks, and of course there's the Knit Wits projects. I've been doing slippers. I think I'm gonna go back to making mens mittens for awhile. To be honest, I'd rather knit a couple baby sweaters, but we need the mittens more. Almost everyone in the group makes baby stuff. We don't get enough mens items.

Yes, a nice brand new year to fill up with more knitting. Yay!

I also want to get back to beading. I've been missing it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment