"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/16/13

2-Drop Peyote Ornament Cover

This months challenge in the Seadbeadersters group is 2-drop peyote. I decided to do an ornament cover, rather than a bracelet. Here's the result, which I designed.



Here's a close up of the 2-drop peyote section, which is done with 4 colors of size 8 seed beads:



And the fringe, which is made with size 11 and 8 seed beads, 4mm purple velvet swarovski crystals, 6mm purple firepolish crystals, 10mm brown firepolish crystals, huge champagne ab crystal drops (I don't know the exact size), and smaller purple crystal drops:



At first, when I finished it, I didn't care for it. Then I put it on the bulb. I love it! It's amazing how much better it looks. I wonder if I could write the pattern up for this one? Hmmm... I think I'll give it a try.

Incidently, the Seadbeadersters group is no longer on Yahoo. The changes in the Yahoo group format no longer worked for our group, so it's been moved to Facebook and Google Groups. I've joined both, though I'll probably pay more attention to the Facebook one just because it's easier for me.

It was a beautiful sunny day today. Not real warm. Only 53F degrees, but sitting in the sun was very comfortable, so I spent most of the day outside, on the deck, finishing the ornament. There was an incredibly chilly breeze that passed by every so often. I miss summer. Now it's just waiting for spring to me.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I can see it better here than on the Seedbeadersters FB. I need to know how to make them and going to try. Joanne, SJo Braden

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO so very pretty!!!! Love the purple!!

    ReplyDelete