"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/29/13

Slippers Deux

More slippers are finished.



Fuzzy Cuffed Brown and Turquoise Slippers

Pattern: Fuzzy Cuff Ladies Slippers by me, made for Knitwits.
Size: Womens 8-10 inches

Yarn: Red Heart Soft Print, knit with 2 strands held together.
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Icypond

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 10.5

Cast on: September 14, 2013
Completed: September 19, 2013

~~~~~~~~~~




Burgundy Slippers

Pattern: Family Foot-Warmer Slippers by Anne Baron Designs, made for my dad.
Size: Mens 12 inches

Yarn: Northern Worsted by S.R. Kertzer, knit with 2 strands held together.
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Burgundy

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 10.5

Cast on: September 19, 2013
Completed: September 25, 2013

Comment: My dad has large feet, so I cast on 84 sts to fit his size 13 foot. Decreased down to 20 sts each side of markers for top opening.




As soon as I bound of the Burgundy slippers, I cast on for another pair. This one is one strand of the brown/turquoise print and one strand of plain brown. They will be mens size.



I cast on 70 stitches, or at least, I thought I did. It took several times before I got it right. Then shortly after I took this pic, I discovered it was still wrong. I cast on 80 sts. Somehow, I managed to miscount 3 times. Urg. Anyway, its been frogged and started over. I've got about an inch done now, and it's the right number of stitches.

I finished the pieces for a pair of capris to go with the little pink doll top. Now I need to block and sew some seams.



It rained yesterday. And rained and rained and rained. The forecast was for a quarter inch. We got 2.2 inches. Sweet Hubby did the Coeur d'Fondo bike ride yesterday, in the rain. I felt so bad for him. He was pretty soakin' wet and cold when he got home last night. We were really glad we had a hot tub to warm up in. He finished the ride though. The whole 108 miles!

Well, if I'm gonna get that pink outfit above done, I better get busy.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment