"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/2/13

Ellie Goes on Vacation

I'm back. In fact, I've been back for a week. Just been too busy to sit down and blog. Even though I'm not working at the fair this year, August is managing to be a hectic month. I had a great time on our camping trip. My tan is awesome! I spent quite a bit of time in the lake swimming or floating on my recliner. The whole week was very very hot. Actually got above 100F degrees a couple of the days, so lake inhabiting was called for.

I didn't get to hike up to Lion Heads Creek like I wanted. But I did do 2 nice long hikes in the woods. The woods is so beautiful around Priest Lake. I took tons of pictures of wild flowers, most of which didn't turn out. But I'll share a few that did in a few days.

I got some knitting done, and some beading. I'll talk about that later too. I have 2 pairs of mittens done. Gotta block them and then take pics.

My daughter, Sarah, arrived here from Rhode Island on Monday. She is visiting for a couple weeks. She is hanging with us for the first week. Next week she and sweet hubby are going on Ride Idaho, a long bike ride that is just over 400 miles around north Idaho and Montana.

I took pictures of Ellie on our vacation. I promised the ImaginingEllowyneWilde group I'd post them. So here they are.

It was a hot day. Ellie decided to spend some time in the cool shade of the woods. There are lots of big rocks in north Idaho. She started her walk at this one.



The floor of the wood is covered in lovely green moss.



 It was soft and cushy, pleasant to sit on.



There were lots of beautiful Pinedrops in bloom under the trees.



Ellie found a lovely little stump to sit upon for a brief rest. She found a nice walking stick too.



Eventually she ended up back where she began.



We camped on the east side of Priest Lake in north Idaho. Every day she spent time on the beach enjoying the sun and a swim.




She played among the driftwood logs.



And climbed a Spirea bush just for fun.



She spent some time on her cousins boat too, working on her tan.



She had a wonderful time on her vacation.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment