"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/15/13

Totally Twisted Star

For the past few weeks I've been working on a beaded pendant. I finished it over the weekend.



 I found the pattern on a Russian web site. It's called the Twisted Beams Star



It's been the most challenging beaded thing I've made thus far. I could not use Google Translate to translate the pattern because the whole thing, including the words, was a jpg file. Google doesn't translate that. So I had to figure it out by the pictures.



I did a lot of frogging before I got it finished.



I used black and magenta silver lined Delicas, as well as size 15 hot pink silver lined seed beads, and size 11 seed beads in silver lined dark raspberry and matte pink,



It's very much like the Totally Twisted Triangle pendant I made a couple years ago. Basically, you make 6 peyote squares, each with two corners done like Cellini spiral in that you use different size beads. That's what makes the 3 corners twist.



 Then you fold each square in half and sew (zip) the pieces together to form the star shape.


I absolutely love it. I'm going to turn it into a necklace. When I got it done, I declared I was never gonna make another one again. My husband laughed. He's right. I'm starting to think about another colorway it would look great in.

If you feel like taking this on, the pattern is here -->  Twisted Beams Star

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment