"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/27/13

Simple Woman's Daybook for June 27, 2013




Outside my window... Sunshine! Mixed with grey clouds and blue sky. It's very humid too.

I am thinking... about how tired I feel this morning. I woke up several times during the night, thanks to aches and pains.

I am thankful... for flowers. They add so much beauty to the world. I was thinking the other day about how I wish I had more blooming plants in my yard, and then I noticed all the wild flowers growing around the wild borders of the lawn. I have plenty of flowers in my yard.

In the kitchen... dishes need to be done. That is Ruth's job. She's not home at the moment because she's taking care of my brother-in-laws dog, Tripper while they are on vacation. She goes over to their house 3 times a day to check on him, play with him, and to give their cat some much needed luvins.

I am wearing... faded black jeans and a bright pink blouse with lace yoke and sleeves. I feel the need for wearing bright colors of late because the weather has been so gray for so long.

I am creating... another pair of fingerless mitts for Knitwits. This time I'm using a periwinkle blue leftover ball of Patons Canadiana from some really old stash.

I am going... to Yarnies today. I need to pop into the bead store in Coeur d'Alene too for some stretchy beading thread.

I am wondering... if maybe I should drop into Michaels and see what they have in stretchy beading thread?

I am reading... all the time. I read stuff on the internet, I read books, I read magazines. I love reading.

I am hoping... Sweet Hubby's bike will be returned all fixed and good today. I'm hoping it stays fixed for awhile. It seems like it breaks down every week. Last week the gears needed replacing. Then on Saturday when he went for a ride the rear wheel rim split. This is the third time it has split. I'm tired of this bike breaking all the time. You'd think a bike that costs thousands of dollars would be better made than this.

I am looking forward to... Yarnies. I have such a good time with them.

I am learning... something every day.

Around the house... yarn. Yarn yarn everywhere! Who's responsible for this?!?

I am pondering...how to set up the web site for our little online doll clothing business. It's kind of hard to do.

A favorite quote for today... "I'm not dead yet." ~ Monty Python.

One of my favorite things... cake. I don't get enough of it! My husbands family are not cake people. They are pie people. I discovered Tuesday that Super1Foods has single size servings of  cake available in the bakery. There will be more cake in my life.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Well, lets see. Yarnies today. I'm home tomorrow, and don't have much in the way of plans for the weekend because Sweet Hubby is going to be gone. He's going on a bike ride with a bunch of friends. I'll probably weed the garden, knit, and bead this weekend. That sounds fun (except the weeding). Maybe Ruth and I will go see a movie. Yeah! That is a good idea.

A photo to share...

Peony red




If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment