"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/5/13

Update

I am posting this with my Nook HD. We'll see how it goes.

My father had a pretty nasty stroke. It was very scary for awhile. He was in intensive care for several days. They moved him out of that the day I arrived. Then last Tuesday he started a slow recovery. He was transferred to a rehabilitation facility in St. Ignace, Michigan on Thursday. He's been steadily improving, though he has a lot of work ahead to being able to go home.

The view from Daddy's hospital room. Lake Michigan still has ice on it.

One thing that was of great concern is he lost his ability to swallow. That leads to lungs filling with fluid and a host of other problems. Today his swallowing reflex has come back. It's such a relief.

Daddy is getting excellent care here. I'm quite pleased with it.

My return ticket is for the 15th but I think I've done all I can for now. He's going to be in rehab for awhile. There's nothing for me to do. It's all up to Daddy now. They won't release him until he's ready. So I'm thinking about changing my ticket to an earlier date.

It is friggin' cold in Michigan. No spring here yet. We've been alternating between days of snow storms and sunny days with no heat in them at all. Snow is predicted for tomorrow. Ugh!

I've seen some of my relatives as they have come to visit Daddy. It's been the best part of this trip, seeing my cousins and my sister Jodie.

I've been knitting to keep the sanity. I brought St. Brigid with me but haven't been able to work on it. I need brain dead knitting. So I found a lovely little yarn shop in Petoskey and bought some Berroco Vintage. I'm making mittens for Knitwits. I've already finished one pair. I started the second pair today.

I've also made matching hats for the two Candy baby cardigans. I am now officially done knitting with the BigLots! In The Loop yarn. Yay!

Until later.

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad he is improving and getting good care!
    I have been to Petosky, bit it has been many, many years. I don't think I have ever seen the lake with ice on it. Good picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your dad is doing better. Sorry about Michigan weather....we usually go from winter into summer. I live about 45 miles south of Petoskey and we still have 2 ft of snow covering the ground.
    Have a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about your father. So great that you can be there with him right now. Yes we're having an endless winter in Michigan. You described it so well. Even my brave and hardy daffodils are wondering if they really want to bloom in April.

    ReplyDelete