"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/23/13

Simple Womans Daybook for April 13, 2013



FOR TODAY
April 23, 2013

Outside my window...
Its cloudy and grey, but there's lots of green too. The lawn is looking wonderful, the the buds on the flowering plum are starting to plump up. It won't be long before they open.

I am thinking...
about Cable. She had a rough weekend, poor thing. On Saturday we went over to Dan and Sue's for dinner. Of course, we took Cable so she could play with Tripper. They play very hard. In fact, I stay out of the way because they have knocked me down from banging into me while wrestling around. Anyway, they were rolling around on the lawn when Cable let out a loud yelp. I just figured Tripper had stepped on her foot and didn't think much about it. But when we got home that night, instead of laying down and conking out from exhaustion like she usually does after time spent with Tripper, she was restless and whiny. All day Sunday she was the same way. I could not figure out what she wanted. Then we went to bed and she got worse. Soon it became apparent to me that she was actually in pain. Quite a lot of it. She didn't sleep at all during the night. Then I realized she wasn't wagging her tail.

On Monday morning I took her to our vet. Her tail is badly sprained right at the base. It was pretty swollen yesterday, so they gave her a shot of an anti-inflammatory. Thankfully, nothing is broken or dislocated. So a few days of painkillers and she'll be back to herself. I feel so stupid for taking such a long time to realize she was in real distress.

She's doing much better this morning. She had a good nights sleep and woke up in a very good mood. She's even wagging her tail a bit.

I am thankful for...
Spring! Yay!

From the kitchen...
I'm not making this today, but I tried this recipe last week and it was absolutely scrumptious! So, here's a link to Bacon Wrapped Chicken. It is soooooooooooo good!


I am wearing...
jeans and a pale teal blouse with a lacy crocheted yoke. One of my new tops I recently acquired for spring.

I am creating...
a beaded wearable art piece. This months challenge in the Yahoo beading group is bead embroidery. Since I know the basics of bead embroidery already, and we are to challenge ourselves, I'm doing something larger using 3 cabs. I have worked on it for 2 days (yesterday I sat out on the deck in the sunshine and worked on it. 'Twas lovely.)

I am going...
to Rathdrum Knitalong later today. I will take my knitted black dress project I started for Ellie.

I am reading...
Tarzan the Magnificent by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

I am hearing...
a train that is going by on the tracks near our house.

Around the house...
a lot of cat toys. I wish I could train the boys to put them away when they are done.

One of my favorite things...
Cake. I made one over the weekend. It was chocolate. I decided to give the new Cool Whip frosting a try, and it was delicious. Better than anything I could have made myself.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Yarnies, knitting, beading...the usual.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

While searching for another pic, I ran across this one. I miss Tommy.





If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment