"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/25/13

Electric Green

I am exhausted. I've been on the phone all day. My father had a stroke yesterday and is in intensive care at the hospital. He lives in northern Michigan. My cousin, Susie, takes care of him when he needs it, so she's handling things at the moment but I need to fly back there and help her out and get some things taken care of. I've scheduled a flight for Thursday.

Flying to Sault Ste Marie, Michigan is a chore. It takes all day to get there. I'll be leaving at 6am and won't arrive until late at night. I will have been to 4 different airports by the time I arrive. But at least I don't have to drive there, or take a bus. Plane is still the fastest way to go. Not the most comfortable (unless you like being a sardine in a can), but the fastest.

I am not sure how he's doing. I hear different stories. I have to go there to see it before I'll actually know. The nurse who is assigned to him has been very helpful, but unless I can talk to the doctor, I really can't trust what I'm hearing. Unfortunately, my dad won't let me talk to him. My dad can be very stubborn. (Did I mention he's a red head?) I think he's going to be okay. They are planning to take him out of ICU tomorrow afternoon. He's cogent, everything seems to be working okay. His legs are just extremely weak. Won't know if he will be able to walk for a few days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Between phone calls I blocked the electric green and black baby cardigan. Then I sewed on the buttons. It is officially finished.



Electric Green Candy Cardigan

Pattern: Candy Cardigan by Anna and Heidi Pickles

Yarn: In the Loop Sport from BigLots! in electric green.
Content: 100% Acrylic
Yarn: Spa by Naturallycaron.com in black.
Content: 75% Acrylic/25% Rayon from Bamboo.

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6

Cast on: February 21, 2013
Completed: March 25, 2013

Adjustments: I used only 2 colors in the yoke. I reversed them, starting with color1. Instructions say to knit 13 cm of stockinette after the 2-color section. I knit until total piece length from cast on was 11 inches. I also knit the front bands on separate by picking up 65 sts along the edge.

Comments:  I made this for Knitwits. I love love LOVE how it turned out! How cute! I love the black yarn. It's very nice to work with, but the In the Loop Sport is a horrible yarn. I wouldn't recommend it for anything you want to last for awhile or be an heirloom. It has so many thick spots and little pills all over it.




 It's sufficient for this project because babies don't wear any one size for very long.



I bought some perfect little black buttons at Hancock Fabrics in Coeur d'Alene. I didn't have anything in my antique button stash that would work.



A close up of the stitch pattern.



It will keep a child in need warm.



I know I said I was not knitting anything else with this yarn as long as I live (I paraphrase) but I forgot I was going to make matching hats for both this and the turquoise Candy Cardigan. So I'm going to endure for two hats, then it's out of my life forever.

I have a cute picture of the boys to share today.



Last night they were napping on the top of the cat tree and they were holding paws. Is this not the sweetest thing you every saw? I squeed when I saw them.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment