"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


It's Caturday!

Haven't done a Caturday in ages. I actually got the kitties to sit still for a moment so I could take pictures. They all had just settled down to take the afternoon nap.

Cashmere with his beautiful pink nose. He stretched out on one half of the couch.

He wheezes and snores a lot when he's asleep because of his sinus problems. Doesn't seem to bother him though.

Merino decided a blanket on the floor was good, right next to Cables bed.

Merino has developed an interesting trait. I think it's from hanging around the dog. He loves Cable and sees her as his Mommy these days. He'll let her give him a thorough cleaning with her tongue (yuk!). Anyway, he now will grab food you hand to him and run off with it. I've never seen a cat do that. Usually if I want to hand them a tidbit I end up dropping it on the floor where they sniff it and, if interested, proceed to eat it. Not Merino. No sirree.  He grabs it and runs around with it in his mouth giving it a complete tour of the house. Then he'll hide somewhere and eat it. I expect when he finally figures out the doggy door, he'll be taking his treats outside to eat in the back yard like Cable does.

Chenille took the other end of the couch snuggling in with blankets.

She spends 5-6 hours every afternoon sleeping in a blanket nest on the couch. It's her way of dealing with the depressing winter I guess. It's better than sitting on the window sill grumpily glaring at the snow and taking swipes at us with her claws extended as we walk by.

I'm working on the chevron sweater. I'm up to the front neck opening now and knitting up one side of it. I'm starting to get excited. I'm really gonna finish this thing!

I started a shrug for Knit Wits in silver fur, but I don't know if I have enough yarn (no yardage info on the labels), so I'm waiting until I know for sure before I take pictures. If I don't have enough yarn, I'll be frogging and changing my plans.

We had sunshine on Wednesday. It was freaking cold, but it sure was nice to see the sun and blue sky. It was downright pretty out with all the trees on the mountains covered in snow. We delivered our mittens, hats, and scarves we made this past month to the Knit Wits meeting. Everyone had huge piles to bring in. We had more than enough for the emergency request we got last month. I am so proud of our group.

On Thursday Ruth and I went to Yarnies in the morning. I worked on the Chevron sweater during the meeting. Afterwards we had lunch (Taco Bell). I had a blood test scheduled for 2pm. We had a few minutes to kill after lunch before the appointment so we popped into Biglots. They had NEW yarn in stock. Tons of it for $1-3 a skein. Mostly fingering weight acrylic baby yarn and funky novelty yarns. The baby yarn is in 113oz skeins, pretty pastel colors, and were only 2 bucks each. I bought 20 skeins for Knit Wits. Then we headed over to the clinic for my blood test. While there I thought about how good that yarn deal was, and how low on yarn Knit Wits is right now. I checked the balance in the bank account-it's pretty good- and decided to go back afterward and get more. I bought 20 more skeins-making a total of 40. It's probably good that I don't run into good deals like that very often. We'd probably go bankrupt.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment